I went in for my first ultasound yesturday (4/26) They did both a tummy u/s and then a vaginal u/s. They could detect no fetal heartbeat. They said I looked 7 1/2 weeks along. They did blood work to test my hcg levels and I am suppose to go back for comparitive blood sample on monday and another u/s on wed. I am very worried. The nurse said it could be my size is interfering with a clear image of such a tiny thing. Is this accurate? Has any other plus size women gone through this? How did it turn out? I am scared to death.

I've heard of pregnancies where the heartbeat wasn't detected till almost 12 weeks because of the weight of the mother. Hang in there, don't give up yet, and get a second opinion. There are a lot of success stories I've heard about people who thought they didn't have a viable pregnancy in the early weeks.

i dont know how long it was before i heard my sons it was for ever it felt like (his heartbeat).but i wish you the best and good luck