I just recently found out that im pregnant, went for my first U/S at 7 weeks and the Dr confirmed the pregnancy but didnt say anything about the heartbeat. I changed the Dr as i wasnt happy with the whole examination, i went to the Dr who helped me deliver my 8yr old son. He did an U/S and told me there was no heartbeat, im supposed to be 11 weeks now and am devastated. i havent had any cramps or bleeding. Im planning to see another doctor on the 1st of September for another opinion, im hoping for the good news. If an early miscariage as occurred, how long does the body take to naturally reject the feotus and how dangerous is it compared to D&C procedure?

I had a miscarriage back in early May.I didn't know that I had had a miscarriage either until I had a miscarriage either.I wasn't having any bleeding or cramping either.I thought the doctors were wrong.My body wasn't relizing the miscarriage either.I had to have a D+C also.I was so so scared!!!!!!!!!!!!My OBGYN told me I could either go home and take pills and what for it all to happen or she could give me a D+C.I really didn't want to go home and feel all the pain,so I choose to have the D+C.Also if I choose to go home and all of it didn't come out than I would have to go in and have a D+C anyways.I have a very good OBGYN.She is very very nice and really cares about her patients.She did a very good job on the D+C.I went home and had light bleeding and no cramps.If the OBGYN does a good job and gets it all than you wont hardly have any bleeding or cramping.Its all up to you on what you decide to do.If you go in and have a D+C than you wont feel it.If you stay home to let it happen than you will feel it and if it all doesn't come out you can get very sick and have to have a D+C anyways.I'm sorry that the doctor didn't detect the babies heart beat.I am currently 2 months pregnant right now.At 5 and a half weeks pregnant I had a ultrasound and I heard the babies heart beat.So ya they should of been able to hear the heart beat by 11 weeks.My OBGYN told me to wait after 1 normal period than I could try again.After the D+C I bleed very light for about 3 days.Then it took forever for me to have a normal period.I didn't have a period until July 4th.My doctor told me that women ovulate on the 14th day starting from the first day of the period.That means I was ovulating on July 18th.Just to make sure we didn't miss it we had sex on the 17th,18th and the 19th.On Aug 4th I should have started.I didn't.So on Aug 6th I took a test and it came back positive.I was so shocked.I couldn't believe I was able to get pregnant so soon after the miscarriage.So you can try again very soon.Some OBGYN's ask that you wait till after 2 normal periods.I was allowed to try after 1 normal period because I didn't have a miscarriage like most women.I didn't lose a baby.I ended up getting pregnant but no baby developed.I think they call it a Balighted Ovum.So it all depends on what your OBGYN tells you.If you do decide to have a D+C done just make sure that you have a very good OBGYN.I will be praying for you.So please keep me updated.I come on every day checking to see if anyone has written me back.GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Thanx for your response the last time, it gave me strength and hope. I went for another U/S on the 2nd of September with the same results, i decided to wait a few days before i went for my last opinion from another Gynea and i went again on Monday the 6th and finally accepted the worst. I was booked for D & C on Tuesday the 7th. I'm currently at home reminiscing about all the good few moments we had when we found out about the pregnancy, i have supportive friends and family who are here for me during this sad times. In memory of my baby....