i have been taking 10 mg oxycoden 4 times daily for 3 years for back pain..i have taken many more on some days...im tired of feeling like i have the flue every day..i have curbed my dosage to 4 5mg tabs every 4 hrs and feel awfull...all day long....wondering the quickest and safe way to completly stop as i want to feel normal again....any help would be much appreciated....

any help?would be much appreciated

feel for you man, in short I had a herniated disk in my back and soon escalated to being addicted to oxycontin, fentanyl, perco, and sometimes even heroin. I found that an OTC available at any drug store Called IMMODIUM AD really helps!. It's actually an opiate, however, it does not cross the blood barrier of your brain causing euphoria, like pain meds do. It truly helped me with all the physical effects of withdrawal, it takes hours to notice so take it early or before bed. It's an anti-diharreal OTC so it covers that problem, and also made me hungry again!

I guess in short
-OTC anti-diharreal IMMODIUM AD
-WATER AND FOOD, which Immodium really helps with.
-Any Excercise really helps

More controversial, but gotta be honest what helped me through:
-sexual stimulation/sex (i dont think i gotta go any further, but it releases endorphins like exercise)
-marijuana- only if your problem is strictly opiates/benzo's. I mean it helps with every single w/d in my opinion and is not physically addicting.

Hope this helps, and in your case I might even recommend Suboxone, which is a narcotic opiate but low dose, doesn't get you high at least from my experience but only let the doctor give you 10 day or less prescription, otherwise it can become addicting like Methadone is.
I know how you feel fo real man, keep ya head up and try some of these things.

Last thing my opinion f**k Methadone, I've seen too many people close to me get addicted to whats suppose to be helping, I mean I would get that in my using days to get high. Enough said, good luck man