My husband is 47 years old and has been experiencing pain after swallowing for the past 4 days. He says it is like something is lodged just above his stomach. He says it hurts as he swallows something although he is hungry. It hurts with liquids too. He has no other symptoms.

my brothe has the same problem, did you ever find out what the problem was?

I just started having such pain 2 days ago. It only lasts when swallowing and doesn't bother me much afterwards. Any ideas what it could be?

Same exact problem with me.

I've currently been experiencing the same thing. I think I might have pulled a muscle in my abdomen either when lifting a 90lb bag of pete moss or when I was gulping some water down. Anybody else think these theories likely?

hey guys actually i think that you have some kind of bacteria in your stomach because I have actually had pain RIGHT in my stomach after each swallow for about 5 days, even if it was a bite of a cookie or something and i went to my doctor today. She made me get blood drawn, and suggested that it was probably bacteria that was causing the pain. She gave me a medicine sort of like zantac but stronger to help reduce pain and get rid of the bacteria. I am still waiting for my bloodwork to come back. Hope this is helpful. Btw, im 18, so this was abnormal pain for me.

My daughter is 42 and is dealing with the same kind of pain.  She can't eat or take pills.  Even liquid forms hurt.  She has had blood tests, an endoscopy and an upper GI.  None of these tests have shown anything.  She had her gallbladder out a couple of years ago, but that seems to be where the pain is.  She is scheduled for a CT scan next week.  We have been to the emergency room 3 times.  They have done nothing except give her fluids and send her home.  No tests or anything.  The doctors just say well go to the ER.