Im a 24 year old female. I've had this sensation that something is in my right side of my throat. I've felt it for about two years now... When I swallow I can feel "it" go down but then it just comes back up. I have not gone to the doctor because it doesnt hurt it just bothers me a lot. It doesnt obstruct me from eating, swallowing or breathing. It just really annoying. I started feeling it when I started taking birth control on a daily basis. I could feel the pill slide down my throat and hit "it." I'm just wondering if anyone has felt the same thing... let me know if you have questions and I can elaborate more...

It really seems to me like tonsil might be the reason why you experience this sensation when you are swallowing, unless you had a tonsillectomy, of course. Also, some people have what is known as "third tonsil" which is in fact an adenoid gland located just where you described. Those are just lymph glands and they shouldn't cause you any more problems - they are painful only when there is some sort of an infection in your body.

Right I do need to go see if a doctor could check it out... though I dont want to go just so he/she could tell me its nothing. This is why I posted here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing and if so what the doctors has told them it could be. Thanks for the advice... I hope more people post with their experiences.