I wake up in the morning and felt like something is stuck down in my lower esophagus. I tried drinking water but is no use. And it becomes more painful when swallowing a lot of drinks and when i swallow any solid food. I read some related topics about this but there are lots of possibilities and I can't make any conclusions. My aunt said maybe it was tonsillitis. She checked it and said it was swelling. But that painful feeling is way down low the tonsil part. I don't know. Can someone help me about what this is and what can I do? Should I consult the doctor for this or anything? Please help. Now its painful and it really annoys me >___< 

Health Advisor

Hello, JayCal.

Are there any other symptoms for your condition? Something like difficult swallowing (not pain in esophagus while eating, but actual  heavy swallowing), chest pain, stuck food, or something similar? 

If it's only that pain in lower esophagus, as you mention it, maybe is it one of the most common esophagus issue, called esophageal web/ring. 

But you're right, you must consult your doctor because there are too much possibilities for that symptoms. You should do that as soon as possible, because any esophagus issue can be painful. Many of them are easily treated, but some of them can be serious.

I hope you don't have any of the more complicated problem. 

Oh you're right, it's difficult swallowing. And as the day goes by the pain gets worse. Luckily, took a nap in the afternoon and I tried to drink water and the pain somewhat subsides, I tried to eat bits of solids but its not that painful. We also went to a doctor to check my condition. The doctor checked my breathing and heartbeat and doesn't found any problem. Just tonsillitis he said. Then he advised me to take meds for 5 days. But my sister (a nurse) told me that its not tonsillitis. Now its not painful anymore and I hope it won't return.

Oh I forgot, I don't know if it really has an effect but earlier in the morning my Grandma brewed Ginger tea and then told me to drink it so I followed her instructions. She also told me to chew some ginger (in which I also did). But after several hours the pain subsided, I tried eating a bit and it was not that painful anymore. Still, I don't know the real cause of that pain I experienced earlier but I think it helped. 

Health Advisor

Maybe, but just maybe, it's really tonsillitis. Just take therapy and wait to see if there are any improvements.
If not, go visit doctor again. Or ask your sister that recommends someone for you.

get a dr to use a scope and look my brother had the same thing turned out to be very serious