My son is experiencing pain and sensitivy to metal in his index finger. He says when he touches metal, e.g., a coin, he experiences severe pain. Otherwise, the finger is numb and/or tingling.

He was in a car accident a few years ago and his shoulder was dislocated, plus he suffered some muscle damage in his back. Could this have a bearing on the current problem and what would be the solution>

Thank you,

Hi:
I'm sorry to hear about your son's discomfort. Did he have any metal pieces implanted as a result of his injuries? Then this reaction that he is experiencing might make more sense. It's a mystery otherwise. Perhaps one of our other members could be helpful here. Getting an answer might be as simple for you as a telephone call to a neurologist or orthopedic surgeon's office. Please let us know what you find out. This is so interesting. We will wait to hear back from you.

It sounds to me like he may be experiencing issues of nerve damage because that sounds strongly like the issue might be. That is a guess for me though because without having a full understanding of your son's case, I cannot make a determination. I think that talking to his doctor would be a good idea. If it's nerve damage, there isn't much you can do, but that's why I think it's better to talk to a physician because it's likely to be something else as well. Keep us posted!