20 - Male. Hello, I've had pain in my upper right abdomen area for quite some time now, to be more precise I'd say around where my Gallbladder is. It started when I was about 12-13 years old and has been coming and going for the past 8 years, sometimes going away for a few years. Sometimes the pain isn't much, just a little feeling there, but other times it leaves me unable to move for up to 30 minutes. The pain seems directly influenced by my breathing as if I breath normally with this pain the pain increases, but if I hold my breath I cannot feel anything, so I have to take very small breaths to feel the least pain. I only know if the pain is gone if I'm able to take a deep breath with no pain. The only symptoms I have is this pain and only in this area. The pain is hard to describe but it hurts a lot, sometimes bringing me to tears. Hope I can get an answer or at least some suggestions as to what it can be. Thank you

Hello, well since you are describing your pain as a pain in your upper right abdomen it could mean a liver problem. Yes it could mean it is a gallbladder, sometimes they can cause problems like you are describing. Sometimes people get them removed and have no problem whatsoever without it. Its either the liver or the gallbladder or even your diaphragm. Maybe the best solution for you problem would be to actually schedule an ultrasound with your doctor. Its a painless test that reveals much about your abdomen. Then, you can be sure if there is anything wrong with your organs and solve your problem with meds or procedure.

Some things I forgot to mention, non smoker, non drinker. I've noticed that over the past year (friends noticed over Skype) I've been getting non recurring hiccups quite a lot, possibly even daily, spreading out over the course of the day, not sure if its related. I'll look into what you said though, thanks!