I have been taking Yasmin for over 2 years, but switched to Yaz in May. After two months I began experiencing terrible pain in my left thumb that spread to my hand, arm and I left some tingling. It later spread to my right hand, then to my arm, and then I felt pins and needs in my legs and some muscle pain. I have been to so many doctors: hand surgeon, neurologists, and my internist. I didn't think about these effects being from Yaz so I kept taking it until for another month. No one can find anything clinically wrong with me at this point so I decided to stop taking the Yaz to see if I feel better. I haven't been able to do anything that I enjoy doing and I have to take time off work. Did anyone who got off Yaz actually feel an improvement in their symptoms? I would like to know if I can expect to feel any kind of relief. Please help.

Hi there, I know this post is years old. I'm hoping you'll still see it. I'm on yaz 4 months and I started experiencing these symptoms on my second month. I have 3 days left of taking my last pack. I got blood tess done and the doctor said it showed inflammation in the body. He advised I finish my pack and see if the symptoms improve. Did the symptoms go for you after stopping yaz?