Are there certain foods or drinks that could possibly make my kidneys sore? First my right one hurt horribly for a week and now my left one hurts, just today but it still hurts... sometimes it feels like when I release gas and go pee it helps but then the pain comes back.

There is no scientific data to suggest that avoiding any type of food while suffering from a kidney infection is harmful or beneficial. However, caffeine should be avoided at the onset or during a kidney infection. If your kidneys are sore, it could be just that...a kidney infection. Increasing your water intake while adding some natural remedies like cranberry juice will help.

You can't be certain as to the cause of pain unless you have your physician check it out. They will conduct a urine test to rule out what is going on or not going on. The treating physician may prescribe medications to treat these symptoms.