Few days ago got this strong pain and cramps in my lower abdomen just in the level of the navel progressing down to my groin. They usually start on my right side, in the back as a sharp knife-cutting pain and then down my right side to the groin. It doesn’t happen so often, maybe just two or three times a day and usually after a meal, and in the morning sometimes when urinating. I have also noticed some blood in my urine. Could this be serious? What disease might I have?

The symptom “pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen” can be caused by many various diseases and conditions. By what you told me it is very hard to determine the right cause of the pain. It can be caused by some kind of a disease in your reproductive system, or digestive system. Still the most probable of all causes in your case is kidney infection and problems with the urinary tract, since you had blood in your urine and the pain in the back. You probably have a condition called glomerulonephritis. That is the infection of the kidneys, or the infection of some other lower parts of the urinary system. I think you should definitely go talk to your physician about this problem since, if this is indeed a case of glomerulonephritis, if untreated, or if the treatment comes too late it can cause some serious consequences on your entire organism. It could even lead to kidney failure which in the best case would put you on dialysis for life. Hope that you’ll get better soon.