i hope somebody can help me. For the last 3 months I have pain in each side of my hip/pelvis area. I cannot pinpoint it. I had xrays done on each hip and there is no findings there. I do have a degenerative disc in by back for which I have had 3 lumbar injections for. One in June, one in July and one in August. I don't have any ovaries.
Pain is hard to pin point. It is definately in my hip area. It hurts to walk and sometimes it burns. It doesn't hurt all the time and sometimes the pain is worse than other days. Sometimes the pain is shooting in my sides and sometimes it's just there. Sometimes it just on one side and sometimes it's on both sides. The last lumbar injection did help my back but my side pain is still there. I need answers and I cannot figure out what this is.

Hi honey! Since you don't have your ovaries, I'm sure I am correct in that you also don't have your uterus Correct? So that leaves us with nerve and muscle/tendon issues - as the xrays have shown there's nothing going on with your pelvis! Around our pelvis is a set of muscles called the piriformis! They come from your spine and wrap around to your hip bones! When you have tension in this area they create pain in your hips and even cause symptoms similar to sciatica - trapped sciatic nerves!

The reason why I know this is that is what I have, I have a degenerative genetic disorder all the way down my spine! I have bony growths along my spine, and I have had piriformis injections as well as lumbar injections! The only downside - in my case - is that I am prone to disloction so when they injected my piriformis - to relese the muscle - I actually dislocated my hip! My hip joint actually came out as soon as I tried to get off the table!! BUT I am a Weird case all together ;-) ! So I can guarantee you this wont happen to you!

So The best thing is to talk to your doctor about having a cortisone injection into your piriformis muscles! I truly believe this will help you out! In the meantime, if you can get to a good massage therapist, to work out any knots in your pelvis and piriformis this will help you determine wether or not the injections will help!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelvis

Good luck and health to you! I hope you get some relief soon!

thanks for your reply. I will let my neurologist know what you said and let them decide if this is what I should do. And to answer your question. I still have my uterus..Doc could not remove it. It is stuck to my bladder. The gynecologist and the urologist who did my 2 surgeries in 07 and in 08 said that if they tried to remove it they would have to take half my bladder with it. The adhesions in my pelvis area is that bad..In fact, the first suregery I had to remove my left ovary had a cyst 10cm, and the doctor accidentaly cut my ureter. That is where my urologist had to get called in to fix half way thru the surgery. The second surgery he was there to put a stent in so the my gyn could see what he was doing this time. 2nd surgery went much better. But the uterus is stuck.

You poor thing!! I know that when you have your uterus removed you can actually have a lot of bladder problems - I was pretty lucky that i didn't! It could also have to do with this too, have your doctor do an ultrasound on you OK? Do you experience phantom pains? I still do!! It is so frustrating I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago and I STILL get cramping in the place where my uterus is SUPPOSED to be!!! It's so weird how our brains don't get the memo :-D So just get that checked out OK? I do think your symptoms and pain sound just like mine, but we are all different, and it's best to get the all clear! Did you have PCOS or Endo? If you don't mind me asking that is! Good luck and health honey!

i don't think I have any problems with my uterus still being there. But, you never know. He thinks it's just all the adhesions that are in there that is causing my pain. But, I don't think this has nothing to do with the pain in each side. However, I am having an ultra sound next week. I will keep you updated.