Hello. I'm 30 year old female with several health problems. About three months ago a gynecologist discovered that I have several cysts on my uterus and that only operation could help me.
So, I had my uterus removed in operation called total abdominal hysterectomy.
The operation went well and there was no complication such as infections or cramps after it. So, I was pretty satisfied with it.
This thrill lasted about a month or so and then I started to suffer from really strong back pain. I don’t know what is causing me this pain but I was wondering could it be from operation! Please help!

I know some facts about this and I will gladly share them with you. You must understand that total abdominal hysterectomy means removing of uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries. This also means that it will cause a great impact on you, physical and hormonal. Many women complained on painful and heavy bleeding, severe cramps, lower back pain and flu-like symptoms after this operation.
The right reason is still unknown.
There is one theory that is saying that it was pooled blood causing pressure on a nerve in your pelvis.
If this is a truth- then your pain should resolve in a few weeks because the blood will be reabsorbed. Even your bladder, now when you don’t have uterus and other structures in your pelvis, could cause pressure on some nerves and cause pain. So, maybe you should schedule your self an appointment with your GP and let him determine what is causing you that pain.

Well, let me tell you all my saga. Long story short - had a hysterectomy, the bladder was "accidentally" nicked and have had 4 operations since from abdominal adhesions. Was NOT at all advised about adhesions until after the operations. I am so not impressed. 1.5 years of pain that is getting worse and the Dr. really could care less at this point - seeing a lawyer soon.

Moral of this is ... before you get a hysterectomy FIND OUT EVERYTHING ! The pro's and the con's. Get several opinions from Dr.'s, research everything on the internet - do not just jump on the table and get this done. There are too many Dr.'s that are doing this for the extra buck in their pocket at your expense - your expense being the pain you will endure for years to come.

By the way this was a CANADIAN Dr.

I just had a total abdominal hysterectomy almost a month ago, and I have been having pretty bad abdominal/back pain. I thought I had over did it too, since I'm not used to not doing anything. I am making a doctors appointment monday because its just not getting better. Thanks for the other posts. They really helped in knowing I'm not alone in this.

Ladies--I still have pain after having a vaginal hysterectomy 30 years ago. I thought it was over work but after reading some things on here tonight I realize what I always suspected is true. "They" hurt my back. It was a horrible experience from start to finish. When I woke up I was in horrific pain in my back.  I didn't realize the horrible things they do to you while you are out. To all of you out there thinking about a hysterectomy, contact a naturopath first and read, read, read. There is lots of natural things out there that can help and may even totally cure your problems. Don't be quick to go under the knife. It don't matter where the doctor is from, they are a bunch of jerks looking for a quick buck in my opinion. Someone should be sued. I've suffered so much at there hands that I have developed a severe fear of doctors and hospitals that if I did need one, I've have to go in comatose or I'd have a heart attack. It makes my physically sick to think of it. I know that sounds ridiculous but you don't want to hear all my horror stories. Be careful.

I had my surgery almost a month ago and have constant back pain. Sometimes it is severe and I have to take deep breaths almost like I am in labor. That only lasts a few seconds but it is a concern. What could be causing this? When I called my Dr a few weeks after surgery they just upped my pain meds and told me that I was on my back a lot during surgery... ??? I sure hope this goes away!