I feel constant chest pain on the left side. I am afraid of the heart attack or angina pectoris. What can cause chest pain? It passed almost a week and I don’t know what to do. What are the common causes of the chest pain?

There are many possible causes of chest pain. Any organ or tissue can be the cause of pain. Common causes are: asthma, pneumonia, inflammation of the muscle and tendons between the ribs, anxiety… Chest pain can be also related with problems with your digestive system. Since you feel constant pain on the left side it can easily be angina pectoris as you suspect, especially if you feel pain in your left arm. Call your doctor if it is pain persistent longer than four days.

Hello there royer,

If you have been experiencing pain all this time it is definitely good moment to see your doctor. first of all there is nothing you can do about that pain by asking around what might have caused it. You need solution to your problem and the only way to get it is to be diagnosed by a medical expert.

Once you describe symptoms to your doctor he will decide which tests you need to do, these may include X-ray, EKG, even blood tests if he suspects something other such as asthma. Once the right diagnosis has been set you will be prescribed the right treatment. Good luck and keep us posted about further events.