I have got a cut that runs verticle between my butt cheeks right over my tailbone and it wont go away. It seems to heal for like a day then it just opens back up. It is a real pain and i dont know what to do to get rid of it. I am always sweaty right there and i think that is part of the problem. Anyone know what the deal is?

I have the same exact problem and was just online researching what it is - I've had this ever since I broke my tailbone about 3 years ago - it would go away for a while and then come back 6 months later, sometimes it will go away for days and then come back, and other times it is a huge problem. It still hurts to sit on my tailbone the wrong way, but I don't understand how that should effect the skin between my butt cheeks? It bleeds sometimes and is really gross.

try using an anti fungal or yeast cream, Im sure something like clortrimozole will work.

hopefully you get an answer to this as I'm currently having the same problem...
maybe it's because of change in atmosphere due to winter climate? (i'm a midwesterner)
that can sometimes affect the skin especially skin that is pulled rather tightly at times over the tailbone?

I'm going to try and keep the area very clean, dry of sweat, and moisturized.

i have the same problem and it goes away and comes back. anyone know ho get rid of it?

I have the same problem - recurring "split" or cut of the skin at the top of the buttocks below the tailbone. It started a few years ago, and has occurred every 3-6 months. Any answers yet?

I was just online researching this myself! I didn't think others had this problem to often-

I had noticed a little blood on the toilet paper every once in a while when i reached too far back "there." Recently, in the last 3 days, I have developed a lump on the left side of the split at the top of my butt's crack. It hurts ALOT, I can't sit down normally and it is very awkward when I keep adjusting myself around others seated near me. It feels like a huge bruise, but it isnt discolored- im worried it might be a lump filled with fluid (which grosses me out). Because its soft but hurts and is definitely a lump, i know its not something that will go away in a day or two. Unfortunately I have classes all week and many activities on the weekends- no chance to see a doctor any time soon.

Anyone have any ideas?

Do you all sleep on your backs or sit for a long period of time?

the exact same thing is happening to me!! i just noticed blood and kinda freaked out and came online to see what was up...no answers yet.

I HAVE THE SAME SPLIT, POPPED UP A FEW DAYS AGO AND I NOTICED BLOOD THIS MORNING, THE LUMP MAY BE CALLED A POLYNEREAN CYST(SP) I HAD ONE OF THOSE WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE, IT GOT BIG AS A THUMB AND HURT LIKE HELL TO SIT. SURGEON HAD TO SLICE IT OPEN AND REMOVE. HAVN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN 10 YEARS TILL THIS WEEK.

after some research alot of this sounds like pilonidal cyst.

i am no doctor in fact i am a student of law.

at any rate... check out http://www.pilonidal.org

it might be very helpful

[bI would check out this website http://www.pilonidal.org/
I had the same thing and went to the doctor and he said it's most likely a pilonidal cyst. I am on antibiotics...hoping this will help??? If not they will have to lance or remve it.

My dad had one that he didn't get checked until it was infected and had to have emergency surgery! It took him over 4 months to heal.

This is serious; not to scare you but I would see your doctor ASAP. I have ssn how bad inattention can get.

I 'm just hoping that mine was caught early enough.

My husband has the same split in his skin that some here have referred to, but there does not appear to be a cyst/abcess. No lump, no swelling, no pain, no discharge, just a split in his skin. Could it still be a polinidal?

I hate sites like this!
Loads of people with the same problem as I have and no answers.
What is the point of this place??

I have used Lanolin (use is for breast-feeding mothers) and my "crack" that was around my crack went away. Another good thing about it is my wife's breasts look a lot better now!!!!