My husband is 29, and has these tiny little holes right above his bottom - right where the crack begins. There are about five of them; some larger than others. He says every once in a while he wipes over them pretty hard with some tissue and there will be puss or blood on the tissue. They are not cuts - very clean looking, like they're supposed to be there. He's had them for years now. He's always been a little embarrassed about it, and I can't get him to see a doctor. Any ideas?

Hi these sound like the start of a Pilonidal cyst or sinus which is an abscess (localized collection of pus).These cysts develop when a dead hair or hairs are pushed into the skin forming a canal or passage. This sinus then becomes infected as more debris collects in it. The most common place for a pilonidal cyst to develop is in the skin over the tailbone, just over the cleft in the buttocks. Friction and pressure on the area aggravate the condition along with the presence of bacteria. you should get your husband to see your doctor as soon as possible as these are notoriously difficult to treat once they have taken a hold. Hope this helps.

i am a 25 year old male with these same problems as your husband and ive been to the doctors all over my home town and dallas tx and nobody seems to know what it is and one doctor told me that it was a pilonidal cyst and he treated me for it with surgury back in 2003 and i still have them today and they bother me over and over again and i wish i could find somone to fix this problem because it is imbarrassing to be walking around and have stains from the pus and blood seeping through to my shorts of jeans....

I just turned 21 in Nov. I have this condition, it started when I was 18. I had a swelling on my tailbone and thought my tailbone had ripped through my flesh, I didn't know it but it was actually puss build up, I soaked in an epsom salt bath and popped it to clear out all the pus and excess blood that was in it as well. It started with one open hole after that and now I am at about 6 in a line up my crack. Every time I wipe I have to be cautious to not let Fecal matter in them to risk Bactria growth.  My uncle had a similar condition that was a buildup of excess spinal fluid in his tailbone  they had to surgically insert a tube to drain it on its own and he has had that his whole life. I on the other hand have never been to the doctors as I thought my condition was different and I never had the money to pay for surgery. I still don't but the increase in numbers of holes has got me worried. I know from a medical standpoint that it's bad but not fatal as so I hear, but It does worry me. As I know they will never close and are a lifetime condition unless surgery is implemented to close them up after defecting the area and cleaning the bad skin away. The surgery is pricey so I am stuck to live with this condition. From my experiences it get's worse if you sit a lot  your best bet is to buy a butt pillow, one of these donut ones to relieve pressure on the affected area and to always clean the area every night in a bathe or shower using bacteria killing products. It won't cure it, but it will alleviate the pain if you have it. Hope this helps others who are looking into this issue.

I know this is over a year ago but oh well, I have a friend whos father gets a cyst in the same spot on his leg every year, it's always during the winter too. Just so you know

I have the same problem except I'm a 17 year-old female and its right above where my butt crack starts and by my tail bone. Whenever I push on both sides of it a ball of blood comes out and when I release it, it goes back in and looks like a black hole. For a few years now it has been reoccurring; like coming back and going away. I go to the doctors in 3 days to get it checked out.. hopefully I don't have to get surgery on it. I've had about 7 different surgries already. I don't want to go through another one.

They are Pilonidial cyst and pilodial dimples is what the holes are called you can live with the dimples if keep the area from getting lint and hair in it or can get surgery to remove the holes I think I will do this soon because somehow ir made it so my pants will not stay up and my butt crack keeps getting exposed.

Did the doctor tell you what it was? (Wishing to know for my personal experience, wondering if I should see a doctor)

Ashly, what happened when you saw the dr? My daughter has this and I need to know what to do
Thanks

I have two holes on my lower back above my butt I was born with hope nothing bad please reply me about them

I got a dam hole now

I have the same problem as you mine is itchy every time I tap it puss and blood everywhere I hate it so so so much

I do not want to alarm anyone- just make you aware. My husband died due to a brain tumor at 37. He had the holes at the top of his crack. The leaked clear fluid, blood and pus. We never had an analysis on the fluid because we didn't connect the 2. My son 33, just had a brain tumor removed and he also has the 2 holes at the top of his crack. They were very inflamed and painful right before they discovered his brain tumor. He started having seizures and headaches and having personality changes. Since surgery he has had no problem. If they begin leaking again he will get it checked for CSF. (cerebral spinal fluid). There are many types of brain tumors and cysts. I really wonder if it is a way to release CSF to prevent hydrocephalus, which is a build up of spinal fluid in your brain. The human body is pretty remarkable. Many brain cysts are never treated, but watched. Based on our experience, it might be wise to get the fluid from holes checked for CSF. Then an MRI if your doctor feels it is warranted.

What kind of Dr should we see with this issue?