I had a colon resection December 11th. It was at the end of my colon just before the rectum. Now I am having severe pain in the top of my buttock. It mostly hurts when I sit and then get up. It is nw hurting when I lay down. The only time it does not hurt is when I am standing. The pain has now became constant.

I to have this very same problem. I'm sorry to say I don't have an answer, but hopefully someone can let us know something soon.

you sure its not some kind of infection around that area ? just a an idea pal

Hello Frances,

depending on the reason you had colon resection and how much of your colon was removed, I wouldn't risk not knowing what is causing the pain - you should see your doctor for a checkup. I'm being cautious mainly because I know that colon polyps and tumors can sometimes get back after only few months after the resection, so they need to be treated as soon as possible.

Of course, this is not the only possible reason for the pain - it could be even a sprained lower back muscle, but it's simply impossible not to take into account the massive surgery you had. The pain from the scar tissue is a probable reason that might be causing the pain, but how good everything healed should be examined again.

I fell asleep laying against the wall, i woke up to find my upper butt was swollen and in a lot of pain what could this mean ?