Sorry if this is not in the right place...

For a few weeks I've felt that taking a very deep breath is difficult, I can breath fine and exercise OK but if I deliberately take a full breath it feels like the bottom of my breastbone is stopping me breathing as deeply as I want. Sometimes this is associated with a slight pain. I also feel - through probing with fingers - that the bottom of my breastbone bulges... I never noticed this before but then I never had cause to check! This is sometimes painful to press on.

Anyone got any ideas...?

Sorry for piggybacking ur topic but I have the same symptoms as you. The pain only happens when i take deep breathes, bend forward and lying sideways. The pain is localized, and is to the left of the sternum at the fifth or sixth rib.

Nvm, went to the doctor today and got diagnosed with costochondritis. Johnny, I suggest u go to the doctor immediately before it escalates like mine, It hurts like hell..