I felt pain on the upper right side of abdomen after eating. I went to examine myself and X-ray showed gallstones. It looks like those stones blocked exit from gall bladder, gallbladder became swollen and that caused my pain under right rib cage. I vomited and had nausea which are all symptoms of Cholecystitis. I want to know what usual treatment for this condition is.

My mom has the same symptoms as you did: right side abdominal pain after eating and they also diagnosed her with cholecytitis. They told her that they have to remove gallstones from gallbladder. That was like:” better safe that sorry” but know that there is feasible to dissolve chemically stones in situ or remove than using an endoscope , but there is risk of recurrence.

Gallstones can make your life very complicated and as soon as you get diagnosed you need to start with the treatment. You might even not notice them until they block your bile duct and this is when the complications begin. You will experience a lot of pain and other symptoms like nausea and vomiting. There is a surgical option to remove the gallstones but this depends on the stage in what your gallstones are. Your doctor can decide if you really need a surgery. Also you have some alternative treatments like lithotripsy. This has to do something with ultrasound shock waves being concreted on your gallstones. I don’t know how effective is this method but many use it.
All the best,
Danella