My mother has problems with gallbladder disfunction. What bothers her most is dizziness. Sometimes she feels so dizzy she could fall unless she grabs something to hold her. What causes this dizziness?
Thanks in advance!

Hey there,
I think the reason for dizziness is in vagus nerve. Gallbladder attack stimulates the vagus nerve and this nerve also plays a important role in controlling blood pressure. When blood pressure falls (caused by vagus nerve as a consequence of gallbladder attack) this causes dizziness.
I hope this helped.

The pain that can be experienced from gallbladder dysfunction is very annoying and it comes and goes from time to time. The fact that she has dizziness is nothing strange. This is also one of the symptoms of gallbladder along with vomiting. Does she experience any vomiting when she feels dizzy? Does she have gallstones? Is her bile duct blocked by the gallstones? If she has problems with gallstones she can see a doctor and talk about possibility of a surgery. Sometimes the surgery is the best options for treatment of dysfunctional gallbladder.
Is she using any medication right now? Sometimes the dizziness is a side effect from the medication and can be stopped by changing to another medication.
All the best,
Danella

Thank you for this info. When I get the pain at the sight of the vagus nerve I almost passout. I get really clammy, light headed and white as a ghost. I thought my blood pressure had to be dropping. I could not find any info about the dizziness associated with the gallbladder until finding this sight. My hyda scan showed my gallbladder functioning at 10%.  What will happen if I do not have surgery?  It sounds like their are several complications that can happen with surgery.  Can a general surgeon perform this surgery or would you suggest going to a specialist?

Thank You

Net

My hyda scan was at 7% and I have no pain. I have biliary dyskinesia, which means it works when it wants to but sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't I get dizzy and very nauseated but was told that surgery would not necessarily to the trick as I would have the same symptoms even without it. I opted to not have the surgery and feel fine 95% of the time. The attacks are few and far between and if I just relax in bed, the symptoms pass and I move on. I hope this helps any.