Hello. I'm 22 year old male and just recently I have noticed some strange formations on my left earlobe.
You see, during some usual showering, I have noticed that I have one big and about two small bumps on my left earlobe. I don’t know what could cause them.
They are red, swollen and pretty painful and I was wondering could it be something serious because I have heard that some skin cancer could cause similar symptoms.
I have never had anything similar nor did I contact any doctor over this. What should I do?

Well, I wouldn’t be so worried about this if I was I your place because skin cancer very rarely can appear on this location. Skin cancer is causing almost opposite symptoms- they are usually painless and often dark colored.
I thing we are talking about some usual sebaceous cyst. These cysts are in fact harmless but they can become infected and become very painful. There is no special treatment for this condition because in about week period they will disappear by them selves.
If it doesn’t go away in a week or two, go to a doctor had he'll remove it with a syringe to release the infection. If it's a cyst they can remove it by cutting it out.

wow i thought i was one of the few with these things. my first one was so bad my earlobe looked like a big red ballon, and they cut it open and scraped stuff out of it, and i had a cavity in my earlobe. now its filled in with*gasp*..guess what, a brand new one. im a clean person. i dont know what causes it. all i know is it sucks, and its embarrassing. i think what caused mine was a habit of screwing around with my earlobes. maybe thats what causes it?

I can't stand getting these... : ( Lately I've been getting it at least once a month for the past three month and always around the same time frame on the same right side ear lobe. I've asked my dermatologist if the hormones in my birth control could be causing this because every time I start a new pack by the second week into them my earlobe starts to swell up again, my doctor doesn't think it is but is sooo painful and annoying, the only thing the dermatologist gives me is antibiotics and usually has to open the cyst to discharge it... How can I get rid of it for ever????