I have always had FF breasts and they have caused me much grief over the years. I am now 26 years old and my back is always killing me, which is definitely because of my breasts. They make me feel terrible and I want a breast reduction. Are there any side effects associated with breast reductions?

When a breast reduction is carried out correctly, it is very unlikely that you will experience any kind of side effects. Of course, breast reduction is still surgery and therefore it has the same risks that go with any surgery. You will also have to recover from surgery, and that might cause some pain. Pain can generally be treated with painkillers. The recovery period will be around two weeks.

Hello petronia1754,

my sister in law had the breast reduction surgery last year. After her second child her breasts remain very big and over the next few months her back were her biggest problem. In the beginning she was managing this pain somehow but after some time even the painkillers started to be very weak so she has visited her doctor for a consult. He has recommended breasts reduction surgery and she agreed to this.

It was painful in the beginning but after few weeks all side effects were gone. She was a little bit sad because she doesn't have big breasts anymore but after she hasn't experienced any back pain for days she started to be happy because of the procedure.

I hope that you will resolve your back problem soon.