I'm fifteen and I play sports year round. This football season I hurt my collar bone in one of our first few games. Since then (about three months) my bone between my neck and shoulder joint has been sticking out. I start on both sides of the ball and I was able to play the rest off the season without having to come out because of it, but it could get pretty painful sometimes. It's basketball season now and I don't want to go to a doctor out of the fear that he might take me out of sports. It hurts if I do a heavy work out with my arms or hold it up to long, and I'm starting to get really tired of it. There was another post on this website about a similar issue, but all the people who could relate to it had no pain and some of them had it their entire life. It also pops when I do push ups. If anyone has any info on it, please share.

Hi Guest,

You really DO need to see your doctor.  They can exam your shoulder and possibly even take an x-ray.  It may have been fractured or dislocated.

You're 15.  Do you want to deal with this for the next 60 or more years???

Get it treated.  If you don't it will only get worse and can lead to chronic arthritis.

Good luck.

Turns out I separated my shoulder. Surprised I couldn't find any one who could identify it because I know it isn't that uncommon of an injury. I just never knew the symptoms. I knew it wasn't dislocated because I've had dislocation problems with my other shoulder.