Hi there,

I havent been to my doc as of yet as I was only just there with something unrelated. I had full bloods done and the only abnormality was a slight rise in the alkaline phosphatase, he said it was very slight, it was 100 instead of 90.

Over the past two months I have started getting stomach pain. It is dead centre in the middle of my upper abdomen. It sometimes hurts to touch, other times it doesnt. It started with just a few minutes then went away. The a few weeks past and another attack, for 10 minutes...now I seem to get pain whenever I eat and it can last an hour or so. Last night it was so sore, it felt like my entire diagphram was sore (not to breathe but around that area). When it goes away I am left with heartburn and nausea for a good few hours later.

I have no other symptoms at all, just pain when eating. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please make another appointment with your doctor. I am not a doctor, so I cannot diagnose you, but symptoms like yours could suggest gallstones, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or an ulcer. It's best to get it checked out. You may need other tests, such as an ultrasound for gallstone detection. Don't let it go unchecked; only a doctor will be able to tell you for sure what it is.

Sometimes the pains we feel in our stomachs aren't from the front at all but are caused by things happening in our backs. Too often pinched muscles in the back cause pressure to be applied to the stomach nerves and make the stomach act up in unusual ways and that pressure is never found or looked for so the condition continues to go on. It is by releasing the muscles in your back that you are going to know that this is the problem or isn't the problem. With so little else to choose from it is my best guess. Here is how to release the muscles in your back:
Back:
Place your left hand on your left knee. Place your right hand over your left shoulder and with your fingertips find the muscle next to your spine. Press on it and hold. Relax, take a deep breath and exhale and don’t tense up any part of your body. After about 30 seconds there should be a release happening and when it does slowly lower yourself forward onto your right leg. If you can lean over the outside edge of your leg it will be better for your release. Continue holding for a total of one minute. Then release but rest your body there for one minute longer. Then reverse and do the right side.