My son is only 14 and 2 years ago was diagnosed with acid reflux. The doctor stated that the only thing they could do was to give him Zantac once a day. He has been doing this for a while now and nothing has really changed. We went to another doctor and he told us basically the same thing but to up the dose of Zantac to 2 a day. This hasn't really helped either. I mean he does have good days, but at 14 he should have more good than bad and he doesn't. As a Mother, this is very frustrating and all I want to do is fix my child and stop the pain. We had to rush him to the ER the other night cause of severe stomach pain and vomitting. The doc there said she is 99% sure it is an ulcer but I need to have him see a GI doc. Do you know how hard it is to find a Pediatric GI doctor? wow. Anyway, I made an appointment for the 1st of February (their 1st available) but I don't think I can wait that long. I mean he can't keep throwing up until then. I honestly don't think it's an ulcer. I have given him really bland foods and he is still hurting. I am just worried and want him to be better. Any advice out there? Has anyone else gone or is going through the same thing? I feel like a crappy mom cause I can't fix him and I know he wants me to.....Thank you for listening.

OK so we took him to the ER again last night (Doctor told us to) and they did an ultrasound. That showed nothing. The doc said though that they is not as invasive as an upper GI or an endoscopy. We have an appointment for the 1st of February with a pediatric GI so he will probably do those tests. This is really frustrating. As soon as we find out what this is I will post it. It may also be stress related as he is a Freshman this year and a wrestler and a High Honor student. He puts a lot of pressure on himself because he wants to be the best. So we may need to seek a therapist. I told him the only thing he should be concentrating on right now is being 14 and not stressing about everything. There will be plenty of time to stress when you are an adult and to let me do the stressing, that is what Moms are for. We'll see.

My son is 8 years old, the first 6 years of his life was spent watching him complain of stomach pains and vomit almost immediately after every meal. We finally realized, after all doctors were no help, that he was eating too fast and too much for his stomach to handle. We started limiting him to the amount of food he was eating and then made him eat slower. Only once in the past 2 years of doing this has he vomited and complained of stomach aches.