Hi, my name is Kimbereley and I am lost in words on what is going on with me. I went to the ER and my GI doctor. I have an endoscopy on Aug 18th. Since July 19th I have severe upper stomach pains. It's not GERD, Heartburn, Indigestion or an Ulcer. My blood work looks great my CAT scan and ultra sounds show extreme acid. Every single time I eat or drink I feel so full and fell like I am going to explode. It also feels if someone is standing on my stomach or stabbing over and over with a knife. My stomach hurts so bad the pain goes through to my back. It hurts more when I sit or stand. Laying down helps me to a degree. I have a lot of belching as well. No acid or food comes back up. I gave up on eating because of how I fell that I am just drinking slim fast and other protein shakes. I just can not take the pain much longer. I was diagnosed with IBS and Mild Gastritis about a year or two ago. Is there any one out there going through what I am and have any answers???? PLEASE...

Thank you ,
Kimbereley

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed ***

Legend
Hi there,

Have you been checked for gallbladder stones? Also you said your blood work was good, but have you been checked your blood for Helicobacter Pylori? Your symptoms could induce a lot of things, but some extreme serious disorders should be recognizable in your blood. I suffer from chronic gastritis almost 2 years already. The gastroscopic exam found the inflammation my stomach lining. I was prescribed on PRILOSEC (Omeprazole), but it didn't help a lot. Then the doctor prescribed me on PREVACID (lansoprazole) which worked great for me.

Quote:

Lansoprazole belongs to a class of antisecretory compounds, the substituted benzimidazoles, that do not exhibit anticholinergic or histamine H 2 -receptor antagonist properties, but that suppress gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of the (H + ,K + )-ATPase enzyme system at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal cell. Because this enzyme system is regarded as the acid (proton) pump within the parietal cell, lansoprazole has been characterized as a gastric acid-pump inhibitor, in that it blocks the final step of acid production. This effect is dose-related and leads to inhibition of both basal and stimulated gastric acid secretion irrespective of the stimulus.

However, I still take PEPCID AC chewable tablets to suppress the heartburn after meals. Earlier, my stomach was bloated all the time, mostly after meals, but now it seems to help ... Anyway, you should do the endoscopy so your GI could check possible physical defect or blockage.

Good luck and let us know how went your endoscopic exam...

Regards,
Pseud0

Hello, my daughter has had stomache pain- consistent- for a month. she has constiapation and diarrehea and has missed tons of school because sitting in a class is ucomfortable and just the peer pressure in school with this kind of ailment is unbearable.
she had blood work, stool work, x-ray, ekg, and ultrasound and they cannot find anything!!! she was put on BENTYL which did nothing, Last night she started on EVATIL which is an anti-depressant. Woke up and still feels the pain, but may be too early to tell....Any suggestions?????

I had laparoscopic gall bladder surgery 2 years ago.
The pain never went away and only got worse.
Had 2 exploratory surgeries that made things even worse.
Now I have a diagnosis:
It is either Cecal Bascule (cecum flips up on itself) or Cecal Volvulus (cecum and right intestine twised).
It took me 2 long years of pain to finally be directed to a Colo-Rectal Surgeon.
If one is prone to a MOBILE CECUM, abdominal surgeries can cause these nightmarish conditions.

My advice - see a Colo-rectal Surgeon ASAP to rule out these possible problems. They will not go away with time or drugs - only specialized surgery will help.

NO ONE and NO WEBSITE ever mentions this problem - you must know what it is, before you can find out more about it, and it's more common than anyone realizes.

I now have some hope I might get my life back and can stop thinking of suicide.

Good Luck.

This is the same problem I have experienced for 3 years. Most doctors treat this in every way other than finding the problem. I live in the worst pain anyone can imagine, I as well am looking for an answer. I have also considered stabbing myself in the upper right stomach so that the problem will at least have a reason for hurting. This is a dangerous condition that is causing permanent kidney damage. I have had every procedure and every scope you can think of. Words cannot describe how this has ruined my life. It is also contagious. I know of at least 25 people around me that suffer too. All in differing stages of this crawling stomach pain. Coughing up blood, blood in my urine, blood in my stool. Inflamed colon, stomach, and esophogus. What else do you need to diagnose this? Only one person I know has been treated and healed. It turned out to be an acute infection in the upper small intestine. It is a water born bacteria that is antibody resistant. The doctors insisted that he must have traveled outside of the country to get this, but he has not left the state in 20 years. I have not been able to convince a doctor of this. I dont know what to do either.

Have you been checked for Celiac Disease? This is what my daughter experienced and that was the diagnosis.

I was diagnosed with gallbladder disease while I was pregnant with my second child. The pain was unreal, and radiated all the way around the middle of my abdomen to my back. When it flared up it was 100% debilitating. Shortly after my child was born I had my gallbladder out, and even before I was out of the surgery center I was experiencing the same pain. I saw doctor after doc, and was eventually told it was stress and given a script for an anti anxiety med, which i refused to fill. I knew the pain was real and not in my head. I, along with my fabulous family doctor (who no longer pratices..boooo) looked and looked for causes. We eventually stumbled upon a rare and little known condition called spincter of oddi dysfunction. It's a bile duct spincter and when it spasms it causes a lot of gallbladder like pain. As it turns out narcotic pain releivers induce the problem, so the meds I was taking for the pain was actually creating it. It is fixable, but the treatment can cause chronic pancreatitius- we we are now managing it and it only flares about twice a year. I hope this info helps someone!!

hi my name is dawn and i am battling severe stomach pain and have also had every test there is including scans and ultra sounds.  at this point i think my drs think im crazy and addicted to pain meds.  i am starting to wonder if they are correct.  the only thing is i have the severe stomach while on or off the pain meds.  i am having a scope done this tuesday to see if i have ulcers but my bloodwork has pretty much ruled that out.  i to have given up eating b/c its not worth the severe pain i get after.  i have already had my gallbladder out in june.  i am seriously getting sooo depressed from this, i just had a baby and i get soo bad i cant take care of her.  im in the ER at least once a week for pain.  i hate the looks i get from them im feeling sooo horrible about thi s

i have lost almost 20 pounds, have stomach pain and sometimes dizzyness they thought it was hypoglycemia i started eating evety two hours, did not help ive had egd andcoloscopy with biopsy nothing tested for celiac negative all blood work negative seen tons of specialist nothing i was only 125 to start with and i am 5 foot 6 so i wasting away i have a great appetite and after i sleep i wake up starving but no one knows whats wrong and i am finished with testing i need help before it gets too late

yes you have wrote down how im felling right now

you have just described exactually every thing the same as me and all my blood work cam back clear and still doctors dont seem to understand that i want the camera they seem to want to put me on every thing els and forget about the camera

Most of everyone's description of their discomfort links to chronic pancreatic problems.Have a blood work done.The test is called CA 19-9. GLTA

Thank you for your advise, I have suffered the same, and have had my gall bladder removed, which just made the intense pain worse. I have severe bouts of stomach pain, and no specialist or tests ever come up with the answers. I will be researching Colo-rectal surgeons in Auckland.

I have this same problem and im 15. they tried to put me on anti depressions but my mom told me that she doesnt want me on it because im not depressed so if anyone has any answers please im begging for your help.

My wife had minor stomach pain.  Was diagnosed with gull stones.  Had her gull bladder removed wich had a complication of a liver bile duct being cut.  She went through months of pain and a drain coming out of her side.  It finally healed and she seemed to be doing better.  Then her health just started declining, her pain is a 9/10 almost all day.  SHE HAS HAD ALL THE BLOODWORK, HYDA SCAN, CAT SCAN, ULTRASOUND, and 3 ERCP's performed (the last one was 2 days ago they placed a stent in her).  The tests have all come back negative, NO LEAK, NO DISEASE, NO PANCREANTITIS.  The doctors have done everything they know how, and have just prescribed her pain meds.  WE HAVE A 7 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL AND HER MOM CAN'T EVEN HOLD HER MOST OF THE TIME.  She got cut off cold turkey from brestfeeding, I have lost my job because I can't leave her at home alone.....  IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP US PLEASE SHARE!!  THIS IS SERIOUS AND RUINING OUR LIVES :..(