i've been having this problem since the start of the year and its been getting worse that I literally can't walk at times because it feels as if someone twisting or squeezing one of the organs in my stomach. A month ago I went to the doctors and he said i've developed an intolerance to lactose and said stay off the dairy for a few weeks for the lactose to flush out, but it's a month later now and its only gotten worse. So i've researched my symptoms and one that matches quite well are stomach ulcers, but i can't find anything on ulcers causing me to have so much gas, it's like i'm constantly letting it out and I always smell bad, this has made me paranoid to go out and socialize and my life has really changed for the worse .Now i'm quite a heavy smoker and I realise that after I have a few cigarettes my stomach hurts alot more and the smell that comes off of me becomes quite intolerable to others, i'm not sure if its my breath or im actually letting out all my gas. Another thing is that after I have a drink (alcohol) I always get this feeling like my anus is grumbling and once again the smell gets really bad . Now after reading up on ulcers 2 main things to stay away from are smokes and alcohol so im actually trying to quit the smoking and drinks. Another thing i've noticed is that over the last weeks i've had a few black and really dark brown stools which can actually be connected to stomach ulcers, though i thought it was the lactose or something being flushed out of my body. A few more things is that having bowel movements for me is like a chance of luck somedays I have them some days i don't even If i've had quite alot to eat. So i'm going back to my doc soon but i'm going to get a blood test done first to see if anythings wrong (anemia maybe). But if someone could shed some light on the situation i'm in it would be great , it's just that my trust in these doctors are slimming because they havn't made this any better for me . appreciate any replies.

I think you should see your doc right away. When you said that your [b]stool is black many times it means that your ulcers or something else in you stomach or esophagous or intestines is BLEEDING. The smoking and drinking is definetly aggravating things. Have you had an endoscopy to see what exactly is going on? I don't believe they should do an upper GI with barrium when you are having active bleeding. Don't wait, when you call to see the doc tell them you think your stomach is bleeding because you have black stools. If you read on the internet black or tary stool means you were bleeding in the stomach. That should hopefully get you in soon.

Yeah, if you have black stool then that's not good. It is usually indicative of something like an ulcer and that's something that you should ahve looked at quickly. Can you let us know how it goes after you go to the doctor?

thanks for the replies i'm going to get the doc to refer me to a gastro, but since im only 17 and a male i'd rather not have someone stick something up there... is there another way they could check up on me?

Hi Baddman:
An endoscopy is performed by putting a small tube with a tiny light through your mouth into your esophagous and down to your stomach. They do not go through your rectum down there to look at your stomach. Don't be afraid . It should be painless if that is what needs to be done. Don't delay.

thanks for the answer. I went to the doc today and got him to refer me and he prescribed me some Colofac and my bowel movements got alot better, after taking my first tablet I sat on the toilet for 5mins with my stomach just emptying and emptying, no strain no pain which I havnt had in awhile.