Hi! I have liver cysts. Doctor suggested me to change diet, and told that isn’t serious. What are liver cysts? What causes cysts? Are they common? Can they be cured?

Hi! Don’t afraid, I also have cysts, but they don’t bother me. A cyst is the medical term used to describe a space of roundish or saclike shape in some part of the body. It may be empty or contain watery or mucous types of fluid. It is not uncommon to find one or several small cysts in the liver. These “simple cysts” usually arise because a small area of liver cells die or degenerate. The most common cause is advancing years and poor diet and lifestyle. Sometimes these cysts can be full of “fatty material” in those with a fatty liver. These cysts do not represent liver disease because the liver, being such a huge organ, has plenty of other areas containing healthy cells to enable liver function to remain normal. In many cases it is possible to gradually shrink the cysts using nutritional medicine.