Hi, I am 36 years old and I have problem with my liver and spleen. Several weeks ago I have felt unpleasant feeling under my right ribs so I decided to visit my doctor who made ultra sound examination of my abdomen. He found several cysts on liver and spleen. He makes me appointment in few days to check the nature of these cysts. I would like to know what I may expect.

Hi, cysts are small ballooned spaces which may be filled with fluid. If these cysts are small they can't make any problem to you. They may exist since you are born but also may be caused by different parasites. I guess that is the reason why your doctor wants to check cysts one again. However if cyst is too big and makes pressure on surrounding structures then it has to be operated.

I have the same problem in addition to some cysts also in the adrinal glands and kidneys