I've smoked weed for a good two years or so, and I've always been fine. The worst that happened was I'd eventually fall asleep, which kinda comes along with the territory. However, a few weeks ago, I tried "tripple C's". It's cold and cough medicine, which was stupid for me to try, but I figured what the hell. Anyway, I took a few, passed out, and took a few more the next morning. Later that night I smoked a blunt, and had a terrible panic attack. My heart started racing, I couldn't breath, and I started freaking out. I felt like I was insane. I honestly thought I was going to die. Ever since that night, whenever I smoke weed, my heart starts racing, and I start fidgeting, and I start to panic. Is there any explanation for this and is there any way I can get it to stop happening?

I,m 18 and have been smooking weed daily since i was 15. I love it but last week i was in my mates house i was really high, i continued to smoke when i said to my mate i think im having a bad trip. Next thing u know my chest feels like its caving in on itself and my gums felt swollen. This discomfort lasted untill i fell alseep. Nw everytime i smoke weed this week ive been getting the same feeling. Anyway its been like 2 days and i int smooked sh*t all but i still have some weird discomfort in my chest/ribs on the left hand side. any one else gt this discomfort or am i just going crazy?

even i have these kind of panic attacks

even i sometimes think that i'm gonna die but its not that serious to worry abt

if u don't wanna have these kinds of problems then you should smoke pot

dun smoke weed in a cigarette or a rolling paper(rolling paper makes u feel worse)

wow...yeah ive heard alot of debate about mixing weed with medications and they all say different things, but from experience...DO NOT , I REPEAT DO NOT MIX WEED WITH CAUGH MEDS...i did once and man u feel like ur gonna die, so moral of the story...enjoy weed safely, wait till your healthy again...im not telling anyone what to do but im just saying...be responsible about it, always make sure that your in control , not the weed.

Same thing happened to me. Just smoking half a bowl of chronic. My heart was pounding and racing at a speed I didn't think was possible. I thought it was gonna give and I'd die. After four hours of hell I finally fell asleep. The next day I almost panicked again but I had enough power over my brain to stop it. The rest of the day I felt empty and emotionless. Feels like you'll be that way forever but I drank lots of water all throughout the day and the next morning got up for a run and kept drinking lots of water and felt better. A week later now I stillfeel anxious at times. I think what happened was I had too much stress on my plate to be smoking. Girlfriend dumped me, friends leaving for college, I'm leaving for college in a week. Plus I used to have panic attacks when I was younger and was on antidepressants. I think if you have underlying anxiety problems weed can bring it out if it taps deep enough into your subconscience. If you have a lot of stress lately STOP smoking. It won't get better until you sort out your problems. So best of luck to you an just know you're not alone and it'll eventually get better. Lots of people have had weed panic attacks before. I'm eighteen and smoked for about two years and in the last months became a true pot head. I smoked three times after my panic attack. None of those times were pleasant. My advice is quit or at least take a break.

dude i have the exact same thing and it started at a mates place ha, its getting to the point where i dont really enjoy getting high anymore. have u had any luck finding a cause or cure or anything?