Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
I have not smoked pot very often, but the couple times i did, i have a panic attack. I had never had panic attacks before in my entire life. This made me feel like i was going to have a heart attack and die. My body couldnt stop shaking and i was very hot and couldnt concentrate on anything around me. This was the most scariest thing i have ever been through and it lasted about 3 hours untill i fall ? asleep. Is there anyway I may be allergic? or maybe my brain cannot take it? I dont think i am going to try it ever again since i am way to scared since this keeps happening. But I just wanted to know if there is a name for this and why it doesnt happen to all my other friends who smoke all the time?

i would also like to know the answer to this because what u have just said Happened EXACtly the same way to me .. ABOUT 3 hours till i fell alseep i could controll my body and i thought i was goin to die, its weird that was a year ago, whats strange is it was a year ago this month, i was sat watchin a film and i had one for the first time in a year, that may be psychological i dont know but i wish sumone would answer you question please! XX im relieved im notthe only one in this world this has happened to X take care

Hi.
I have smoked weed for about five years now.
And those feelings are normal.
I have had them myself.
If you want to continue smoking i suggest smoking much less. A few puffs would be fine, so you get use to the feeling and it would be a lot easier to relax. Anxiety attacks and panic attacks are normal for some pot users. We all get them at least once in our experimentation with this drug.
You should read more in the net about this, there are tons of info.

November17 wrote:

I have not smoked pot very often, but the couple times i did, i have a panic attack. I had never had panic attacks before in my entire life. This made me feel like i was going to have a heart attack and die. My body couldnt stop shaking and i was very hot and couldnt concentrate on anything around me. This was the most scariest thing i have ever been through and it lasted about 3 hours untill i fall :?: asleep. Is there anyway I may be allergic? or maybe my brain cannot take it? I dont think i am going to try it ever again since i am way to scared since this keeps happening. But I just wanted to know if there is a name for this and why it doesnt happen to all my other friends who smoke all the time?

I smoked it for years and suffer very badily with panic attacks. It is the worst thing you could do. I thought the same why is this happening to me and my friends don't suffer at all.

I believe some people have a dorement mental health problem which is awoken with the effect of drug abuse. You probably wouldn't ever of had a panic attack in you life ime if you hadn't have smoked it.

I would stay away from it.

The Panic attack!!
I have been a regular pot smoker for about4 years. Went out one night and had the same attacks previously described. It started off like a regular session. By the end i felt super anxious and by 30 mins into the high i was tripping. Increased heart rate followed by what seemed like a very irregular heart beat. Felt like somoene was sitting on my chest. I tried to calm down and slow my heart rate using breathing techniques. To no avail. Grinding my teeth was the only small relief. After the second and a half hour i told my friend to take me to the hospital. I thought my chest was gonna give out. After sitting at the hospital for another hour i decided that if i ws gonna die i would die at home. Went home and crawled into bed, still with chest distress. Ever since that my tolerance has been very low.
Contributors for that event are as follows:
*Little sleep (4 hours a night for 2 days)
*Half a bottle of wine
*Sexual Intercourse.......all = one memorible night

I recently have been getting panic attacks, i smoke marijuana and i was watching a movie the other night & all of a sudden my heart was racing i was sweating, shaking, and couldnt breath.
I couldnt tell anyone in my house because i was paranoid and thinking i was dying.
I was scared and im only 18.
Now looking at what other people have had to say well its not only me who is getting this.

I suggest have a cold shower that helped me.
But the next morning in the car i had it again, with no dope in me.

The same exact thing happened to me. I felt hot, agitated, and my heart was pounding. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me, and my friends, to this day still make fun of me for it...

But the thing is, it only happens to me when I smoke too much while at the same time having a lot of stress in my life. I am in college now, and I rarely smoke anymore, simply because I am stressed out a lot!

Best advice:

Pot will not kill you. Be in a good state of mind before smoking ie. good mood, a little drunk, loosened up. Don't let the paranoia get to you. And remember to enjoy it. If it's really good weed (really orange) try like one or two puffs before puffing again...

I have recently quit smoking cannabis although i am far from out of the woods yet. Last year i encountered my first panic attack at a rave in which i was only smoking cannabis. I had smoked for several years so was in for a shock. I started to feel unwell, couldn't breathe, felt like i was going to collapse, dizziness, shakes, severe heart pain, and nausious. My friend took me to the car where i sat. I tried not to breathe as breathing hurt, i realise now that this was probably the wrong thing to do. I wanted to lay down in the back of the car, but all the time i thought that i was going to die. It took me 1 hr to gradually crawl into the back of the car, most horrifying experience of my life. I then fainted. On the way home the next day, i had another attack, my friend was tail-gating the car in front and once again i thought i was going to have a heart-attack, waiting for the pain to start in my arm. As a scientist, and somewhat prone to hypochondria i should have known what was going on. I didn't blame the pot as i had smoked 1000s of time before, i seriously thought i was ill.
I went to the doctors, and they found nothing wrong with me, the nurse was worried and then asked some colleagues to probe me further - on drugs. Once understanding that it was 'just' a panic attack i stopped smoking for a month, also giving up caffeine and booze and nicotine. I went back to all of them with avengence. Panic attacks have a strange name as they purport to something panicking you, nothing panicked me which is why i considered that it must have been a heart attack. I think that people use the term panic attack in too light a vain a lot of the time, for feeling a little pressured or flush. A panic attack is when you have a self-purpetuating fear of dying as a symptomatic consequence of a seemingly normal situation.
Night panic attacks are the worse, i have only encountered one of these twice, the first time i felt like someone was on top of me trying to kill me. I woke up from sleeping with an immense pressure on my chest like nothing i had felt before. Also when these occured i did not realise that they were panic attacks. I took life easy for a couple of days physically but this was really pointless as the worry filling my brain was enough to cause such symptons that the whole vicious cycle would start-up again.
To say, that cannabis causes panic attacks in my opinion would be wrong, but i think it may lend the brain to being unstable and perceive normal events (as your eyes do) as somewhat abnormal and something irregular and therefore be contributory in causation

Just make sure that if you are going to smoke a lot and you're in a situation in which you are unfamiliar with, take a brown paper bag.
I carried on smoking pot, and if i ever got the symptons i would take myself off and hyperventilate, it restores the CO2 to the correct levels in the blood stream and you are OK to carry on

Remember the first sign is a tingling in the hands, unlike pins and needles. After giving up pot for 3 weeks i have felt this everyday and had a couple of minor attacks (not to worry me)
Hopefully this will stop when all the THC has left my system i hope
Breathe slow and deep + Brown paper bag :-)

yea i actually had one of those the other day wen i was smoking with my friends and i was expecting to laugh and have a good time but i hav had one like this b4 but i thought i wouldnt go through one again since it was so long ago. But then shortly after i smoked i thought i was distant from reality and all that was happening wasnt real. I thought i would think like that forever. I also felt i could feel all the negaitve emotions from other people. But i still dont get how come my friends never experience these feelings wen ther high. They always make fun of me sayin its not that serious and its jus me.

well i was smoking pot since i was in 6th grade and i am 18 now..one nite i had a couple freinds both me and my best freind took a break for like 3 weeks from smoking..we were chilling and smoking out of my bong we smoked a whole quarter ..after we finished i had a real bad panic attack..i never had one before..idk if it was the dank sh*t we had..but my heart felt beating very rapid..i couldnt stay still..i was breathing real fast..it was hard to focus or stay still..i always worry about having this again when i smoke..but i really dont get it cause i had some az and i had a sort of panic attack and when i smoked piff i was fine and relaxed...so idk if its my mind or the pot

no your not allergic it effects everyone differnetly. For you it makesyou worry so much you panic and then panic becuase your paniced. here is the best advice DONT SMOKE ANY MORE. most likely you will get addicted and trust me breaking that habit is horribe. Plus panic attacks and anxeity are part of the withdrawal symptoms. dont put yourself through that and if you dont beleive me read some other topics posted about withdrawal.

i felt the same way. 2/3 times i smoked i had these panic attacks... the most worse feeling i've ever had and nothing could be worse than it. i wanted to die, everything was surreal and i felt trapped in my own body. thats why i dont understand how people want to legalize marijuana. i never had a panic attack in my life before that & i doubt i would hav ever had one if i didnt smoke. i dont like how it affects me. its dangerous & made me practically suicidal for 2 weeks not even being on it. having panic attacks all over the place.

the only advice i can give anyone is if you havent done it dont start ! i learned the hard way.

o.O Yea this has happened to me 2. I was with my friends and was smoking. i felt fine for about 5 minutes and then it just hit me. It was like I couldnt move, or talk, or do anything. Everything around me felt like it was spinning. My friends just thought i was really screwed up for a minute, and then i passed out on the couch and had a panic attack. about an hour later i was on my friends bed and I thought i was going to die. I was surprised too that i took the time to try to talk to god and that i thought of how sad my family would be if i died. After about 3 hours i was fine and went into the other room where my friends were and said "holy sh*t that sucked". I would strongly advise that if you have one of these is to lie down away from everyone in a secluded area, drink a lot of water, and put like a wet towel on your forehead. Also i have to add is that if you are near people or if your having a panic attack and everyone is around, they make it worse. This is because when i had mine my friends would be like o sh*t look at him, or like wtf is wrong with him and this mad it so much more worse. Also just try to sleep it off and pay attention to your breathing. hope that helped.

yoo
the exact same thing happened to me , it was my second time smoking. i told my friend to 911 for me, luckily he was high too and didnt
that was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me
3 yeras ago

I have smoked for years and have had semiar experiences. For a time, I took zanax before I smoked. This seemed to help. After a time, the panic attacks went away. I have recently cut back quite a bit on smoking. I have found the panick attacks have returned. I believe it is due to the extreme amount of stress I am under. When one smokes, emotions come to the surface and you are more aware of your thoughts and feelings. Even the sub-conscious feelings are more accessable during this time. This would explain why I never had panick attacks when younger. As a kid and young adult, I was not worried about much. Now, with a family and full time job, I have a lot to worry about. When I feel good about life, I can smoke. When things are going bad or I am stressed, I an not. I hope this helps.