I talked with some parent whose children suffer from ADD/ ADHD and many of them are unsure of whether or not they should give their children medicines to treat their ADD/ADHD. I mean they are not sure why they are opposed to it but they just don't feel it is the right thing to do. What are opinions of others on this?

I knew some parents that are opposed to treating ADD. They feel that the potential side effects of giving stimulants to kids outweigh the benefits. However, they need to realize that your child is suffering and these medicines can help dramatically. I think that It is unfair to your child to not at least try the drugs. Kids with ADHD or ADD know that they are different even when they not understand what exactly is going on, but they know that they are always getting into trouble at school.