I Just need to know if this in normal. I burn my self with hot water last week. I blister formed and then busted open. I drained the yellow/ clear fliud and a small scab in a straight line formed where the blister split. The scab got peeled yesterday by mistake and then a good amount of the skin that was burned ( only about 2-4 inchs of skin, maybe ) peeled off. It left pink skin exposed underneath. It doesn't really hurt at all, it just itchs. I put neosporin and a band-aid on it this morning. I want to know if this is normal, if its going to stay pink like that forever, and if its going to scar. Please let me know.

thanks

Hi Rashaun,

It sounds like you had at least a 2nd degree burn.

Your description of everything, the peeling, the itch, the fluid, is all normal.  The pink skin is normal as well.  Keeping it clean and protected is the proper treatment.  Pink skin is normal as it heals.

The skin may or may not stay pink.  There may be some scarring.

Hope it helps.

thanks, so will all of the burnt skin eventually peel ? and i've been putting neosporin and bandaids on it, should i continute to do that ?

Yes, the burnt skin will peel off and the new skin take its place.  It may be lighter in color for a while and you still may have a scar, depending on how deep the burn was.

Keep it clean.  Neosporin and bandaids are fine.