the skin on my feet hardens and peels off in deep layers. I have gone to dermatologists and tried everything imaginable for atleast 25 years now. I hate to wear sandals. Nobody else seems to have this problem.

My feet also peel in deep layers after going hard. It is driving me mad. Its not very feminine i have to admit and i have no idea what it is! My toes peel and my heel does too, but its the worst on the ball of my foot and that area.

I have this problem, too, and thought I was the only one. I have read elsewhere that it may be caused by eczema. I know I have that on my hands and feet. Eczema manifests with tiny clear blisters under the skin, which itch and pop, causing the skin around them to harden and peel. However, the skin on my feet doesn't itch, it just comes off in layers. It gets better when I use really strong moisturizers, like petroleum jelly.

Well add me to the list of women who feel they were the only one. I used to cry as a 14yr old with the blisters that would pop and crust over on my hands and feet! I had a DR. give me a ointement with sulfur in it and it would dry up the blisters. I had to put this on my hands and feet at night with baggies. Also had to let air to my feet no shoes that would make my feet sweat. It worked! I gt better.

But now that I'm older the feet are just dry and thick layers peeling. And my face has it cells turn over to fast. Sucks! A Dr. called it Seborrheic Dermatitis. I find that useing "KISS MY FACE" soap is a God send. It is natural and feel good on my skn , clean. Takes ALL the dead cells off in one washing! Let it be on your face a few seconds.

If I don't use it my face can be red and scaley and it can be hard to get off the dead skin cells.

I hope this helps you out there. God bless :D

I am not sure what my condition is called, but I do know that it is directly related to stress. My symptom flare within moments of thinking stressful thoughts. Both my palms and arches of my feet turn red , itch and burn. The skin hardens over the next few hours or a day, then the blisters appear under a deep layer of the skin and the skin eventually starts to peel off in chunks. I have to learn to manage my stress to make it go away. I am managing the symptoms by slathering on Gerwol med Salve for Cracked Skin, neosporin for when they crack badly and keeping them clean.

I have been seeing dematologists for years for the soles of my feet thickening, cracking, & peeling, a condition that is MUCH worse in the summer (when latex thongs are my preferred footwear). It is NOT atheletes foot or psoriasis. The skin whitens & thickens, then I can pull thick, painless layers off by hand (or clippers). The underneath skin is beautiful, but eventually succombs to this condition.

I've tried prescribed urea creams & steroid creams (Clobetaso, Halobetasol) to no avail. My dermatologist has suggested there is a medicine (Acin*** or maybe Actin*** - I can't remember the exact name, but I'm sure a dermatologist would know it) that can be taken until the peeling stops and will not need to be taken again as the condition will not return. You cannot drink alcohol during the medication period, which tells me it may be harmful to your liver...so I have avoided it. However, desparation may drive me to it. My feet are ugly!

I was diagnosed with exfoliative keratolysis and was given a script for Urea cream but you can get it ovr the counter too. It welps but is a nusance.

http://dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/exfoliative-keratolysis.html

This is EXACTLY my condition. I've tried the same things and cannot find ANY cure!! Life sucks hiding your feet, I cant even sit comfortably. Can you remember what this medicine is called? and did you try it?? Thanks.

For me, the entire ventral portion (sole?) of my foot is dry and peeling constantly. I can remove it everyday revealing a nice layer of skin, but some areas of the skin are not fully dry so I can't peel it off or else it'll bleed. So there are constantly patches of dead, dry skin ready to be peeled off and some patches that cannot be peeled off just yet (wait a day or so till it's ripe). It is totally painless with no burning or itching, just really annoying because pieces of skin end up all over the place. Ugh. The funny thing is that when it transitions to the dorsal portion of my foot, it becomes good skin that isn't dry and doesn't peel. It almost seems like my skin is being made so fast that keratin isn't present, so that layer of skin ends up absorbing water and therefore the peeling and dryness (just my guess).

The entire palms of my hands have a similar condition, but the peeling part is really minor. I'm more worried about how dry it gets. Some people say that they have dry skin and when I compare their hands with mine, I find that mine are 10X more drier.

The only people that I know that has this condition are my brother and I, my other siblings and my parents and relatives don't have it.

I too have the same problem Help !

My feet peel too .. It started when I was pregnant with my 3rd child :S ! 

I have had the same problem with the skin on my heel and little toe getting white and peeling off.  Last March, 2011 I had surgury on my right foot and was placed in a cast for 3 months.  After the cast was removed I scubbed off the layers of dead skin and now the skin on my right foot has remained itchynice and soft.  The skin on my left foot remains to be peeling and itchy.  I am debating on covering it up for the next 3 months to see what happens.

I found a cure for my problem!!!  I hope this helps someone. My right foot was itching terribly and was rough from peeling skin. I also had empty pockets under the skin with a tiny bit of clear fluid in them. I would saturate my sock in the locations of the problem with rubbing alcohol, put on my shoes and go on with my day. At night there was extreme peeling which I peeled off and started same regimine the next morning. Within a week it was cured. The last nightly peeling I put lotion on my foot and it was baby bottom smooth the next morning and I have had no reaccurance since  That  was about three months ago, so I feel sure it is gone for good. Only warning...I wear tennis shoes and the alcohol ruined the glue of my right shoe...but it was worth it.c

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

This is my condition as well! I am 35 years old and have had this problem with my left foot only since I was 18. I have been to 3 different podiatrists, two different dermatologists and my PCP. I've tried Urea, Clobetalsol, over the counter stuff. Nothing works. I'm at my wits end. It's not constant, but the peeling gets worse at certain times of the year - and it's not due to the season. I'd love to be able to recommend to my doctor what would work! I think taking an oral medication would be better than all these creams! HELP!

fe: soles of feet peel

My body has poor elimination - lymph, liver etc. My naturopath gives me cleansing drops and when I take them the toxins come out on my skin. ALIzs a part of this, the soles of my feet get little bubbles then the skin hardens over and cracks. It's itchy, painful if peeled off and is worse when I'm taking the drops. BUT, this is the body getting rid of toxins any way it can.

The skin on the back, hands and soles of feet kick in as elimination systems when your organs are over-taxed. One major thing is to clean up your diet. Find out what things your body is not able to 'process'. I'm not a naturopath but this is why a dermatologist cannot help. It has more to do with your internal organs and how they work in balance and if you are around pollution, toxins like paint fumes, something in your water - that's where to look for a solution. Stress throws off your internal balance (endocrine system) as well. It could be worse in times of stress. I put cream on my feet to soften the skin and work on my diet.