I'm 16 y/o and I hate my breasts. I've had this issue with peeling flaking skin on both of my breasts for as long as I can remember.

I don't remember a time where I had flawless skin.

Now before you say Paget's disease, it can't be. Paget's disease comes along with itching and having it on the areola. My breasts don't itch and I don't have this flaky skin on my areola. Just everywhere around it. I've tried researching but this doesn't seem to exist I guess. I think it's just my problem.

The issue is, I peel it off and it leaves this white-ish spots all over my breasts and soon again all these flakes reappear.

I have no idea what it is, but it's unslighty.

I'm not pregnant, I don't have a kid, and I've never had sex.

Help? I'm desperate.  

I've exfoliated, that does nothing. I've tried cornstarch, that does nothing. Please. No one seems to know what this is, and my parents aren't exactly the people I would confide in for this kind of issue.

Hi, I just wanted to say that you're not alone with this condition.  I'm 35 and I've also had flaking, peeling skin on my breasts for as long as I can remember.  It's mainly on the lower half of the breasts, not on the nipples or areola, and it is NOT itchy or painful at all, nor is the skin red or discolored in any way.  It's not caused by different soaps or bodywashes, or the bras I use, because through the years I've used all different manner of cleansers and bras of different materials and fit.  It's not really a problem because it doesn't hurt in any way, but it has always bothered me because it is unsightly, as you said, so I sympathize.  I can get rid of the flaky skin temporarily if I exfoliate vigorously, but that just makes the skin turn red from irritation, and it's back within a couple of days anyway.  I find that rubbing moisturizers or body oils onto my breasts after showering helps reduce the peeling, although I'm not sure if this is because I'm hydrating the skin or simply the action of rubbing the lotion in helps peel away those flaky specks on the surface.  I've googled this before and all I ever get for results are psoriasis, eczema, fungal infection, and warning sign of breast cancer.  Well it's not cancer because I've had it all my life; psoriasis and eczema descriptions always include redness and itchiness, which I don't have.  Is it possible it's a mild form of eczema that's just not red or itchy?  A fungal infection also seems unlikely because well, wouldn't it have spread to other patches of skin, and wouldn't there be other symptoms?  My best advice to you is, don't hate your breasts, show them some love and just get into the habit of rubbing in a natural moisturizer like shea butter or grapeseed oil.  Think of it as giving yourself a breast massage/inspection, which we women are supposed to do at least once a month anyway to check for possible lumps.  I'm also not pregnant, never had a kid (but I have had sex), nor is my skin flawless.  But other than this wierd condition on my boobs, my skin is pretty good despite the fact that I used to get pimples frequently when I was your age (I still do occasionally but they're a minor blemish that disappears in a few days).  I also hated my skin at 16, along with a lot of other parts of me.  So I'm just sayin that's normal, and as you get older you'll realize that nobody cares about your flaws half as much as you do, because they're all focused on whatever flaws they have.  Everyone's body has its own set of quirks and beleive me, NOBODY has flawless skin- "perfect" skin people are either airbrushed, wearing makeup, or hiding something somewhere they don't show, or they notice and hate things on themselves the rest of the world wouldn't even consider a flaw (because everyone's focused on their own  "flaws" as I already said ;).  So try not to hate your breasts, and show yourself love by taking care of what you have.  Hope that helps.  And if there's a dermatologist out there who CAN explain what this condition is, that would be helpful too.

Same here... I'm ash.. Jst16 n I'm rly hating the changes in me. The nipple n d skin around it peels n I'm tired of applying lotion. If I scratch or remove d peel then it pains a little and after few hours it reappears.. .dont know what to do. Whom to tel.. I hate it eww

I'm 15 with the same issue. Googling it brought up breast cancer but i have no lumps or swollen nipples. I just have what seems to be dry skin around my breast but lotions oils or sensitive skin soaps don't change it. What am I supposed to do?

Hi am 21 Years old..as long as i remember I always had that flaky nipples.. When i take my bath.. the tits appears a lil bit white then it becomes normal...sometimes it itches..And it also seems to be inverted nipple.. (always been like this) I have been googling it and as you girls know what results we get.. breast cancer. eczema and so on.. Does anyone else has this problem? Am afraid of this. Please help

Does it itch ?

Health Guru
Hi, what brand of soap do you use to wash your breasts? You say they appear a little white when you take a bath, is that when you first take your bra off because if so it could be just where the circulation is less and as the colour returns as circulation returns, do you ever use moisturizer on your skin after you bath to help keep your skin soft?

Hello, I usually use soaps that i buy at the store (palmolive) and others. Its only after i bath that it turns lil bit white.. When i wipe sometimes the skin on the nipple peels off.. afterward it dries.. Do you think its normal??

Health Guru
As long as they are not cracked, red, sore or itchy then I think you probably just have dry skin on your nipples and a good moisturizer would do the trick after every shower or bath, are your areolas the same, peel when you run them?

Hi... my nipples look cracked.. But it is not sored.. it has always been like this.. thanks for your replies..

Health Guru
Just try moisturising them twice daily and I think your find that will help a lot and your welcome an happy to help.

Hey there, I've had flaky skin on my breasts or as long as I can remember as well - get out of the shower, and dry myself with the towel and the top layer just breaks down and my skin starts to peel off. However, just recently I started getting red bumps all over my body, starting on my arms and all I ever did was itch. After many many doctor visits, they finalised it was only atopic dermatitis. And even though I had the flaky skin on my breasts before the dermatitis flared up on my legs, arms and torso, I think my breasts peel because of dermatitis. Because even thought I moisturise, the flaky skin keeps coming back. You may have dermatitis but only a very weak case.