Hi everyone,

Where do I start, Nearly two and a half years ago the doctors found an ovarian cyst on my right tube, thankfully it was not cancer.
I have now in past few months been tired and in past few weeks, once again been getting pain in left and right side of pelvis, the pain comes and go. Shooting pains through my vagina which Im telling you, theres no pain like it, if you have had it you will know how bad it can be and how embarrasing it makes me jump out of my chair when Im sitting. Im concerned that I have another cyst, is this possible. Im experiencing very tender breasts, very similar symptoms to the last time I had the cyst but this time pain in both sides and was not experiencing tender breasts the last time. Im off my food too, it's not a case of not being hungry, I can't seem to taste what Im eating, weird it seems I know. Anyhow had a large amount of discharge last week this is when the pain started but nothing since, This happenned a few days after my monthly cycle had finished, which for the past few months has been more like spotting and clotting than my regular period.
I was at the doctors today, they told me they are going to send me for a scan, and in the meantime have put me on antibiotics as a prevention until I get my appointment, even though there is no urine infection in my urine.

Does anyone have any advice or have gone through similar???

Just for information, I had the cyst removed from my ovary in 2008

Just a quick questions, how old are you and is there any chance of pregnancy?

Hi there, and thanks for messaging me, Im 33 and have the copper coil fitted, I have taken a home pregnancy test but negative, I don't know what the chances are of getting pregnant, one after havign a cyst and two the doctor never tested me for pregnancy, you think this is possible?? I have to go for a scan, when the appointment will be Im unsure, just ahve to wait.
If you know anymore would be grateful of anyones advice.

I think that there is a possibility for you to get pregnant, but you have to know that chances are lower than usual.

What kind of a scan will they perform? What about your diet, do you think that you eat healthy?

Hi there, yes I eat healthy, Im going to the bathroom as normal with regard to my bowels etc, I work out at the gym regualr, pretty healthy life style in comparison to the majority of the population I would say, even though I do say so myself.

Forgot to say, not sure what kind of scan but I assume it will be an internal one like the last time, Im starting to think maybe IM imagining it , as the pain has been coming and going when I least expect it, and has warfn off in comparison to Sunday and Monday, more of a tightness to my stomach and when I sit feels like something digging in under ,my left rib, weird it is. Not sure of how else to explain it.

I'm not really sure what could this be.

Will you post the results of the scan when they are done?

I will for sure, thanks for your advice in this matter ;-)

HI quick update Im going for an Ultra sound scan on 4th Feb will update you once I have had it ;-)

Well that is next week, so you have to wait a little while.

Are you feeling any better?

Hi again,

Giving you a quick update, it's 3.46 am and Im shatterd, and in agony today with the paid, went down to my well woman appointment yesterday, had my smear done , before having it I explained to the doctor of my symptons, so anyhow he took swabs , firstly the doctor thought possibly a kidney infection with running back and forward to the toilet, anyhow they then decided to do a pregnancy test, took a wee while, eventually result turned up negative. Anyhow the Dr went on and clamped me ready for the smear, he did one swob, whilst doing it I felt so so much pain, he told me my insides were infected and that the copper coil has to come out as soon as physically possible, unfortunately the hospital is under staffed and his schedule made it not possible to take it out yesterday, he told the nurse there was thickening to my wall, but would need me to go to the Gynea ward for further examination, so today is the day have to go in for a a scan and more swobs, I'm so worried now as he said there is a possibility of another ovarian cyst, he is hoping this is not the case. he is concerned as I have not yest had children.
Im hoping it is all routine and I get home tonight, but if for any reason I don't I will make sure I update you ASAP.

If anyone else is experiencing the problems I am please go to the doctors, as my doctor says this is not a thing you can hang about with it should be seen to a treat at the earliest signs, even though at present all he has made me aware of is of an infection.

So it is an infection. Well the good thing is that you know what is the problem. I hope that it will all be gone soon and you will be able to get back to your life.

All the best hutch

Hi quick update,

Spent half the day at the hospital, but finally, as far as the doctor is aware I have an infecton, I did have to have the coil removed to enable fast recovery from it, 14 days of meds then a check up and I should be back on the right track if however the pain comes back could be the kidneys but looking very unlikely, swabs and all are away for tests, touch wood tghey come back just with infection and nothing more. Only thing now is Im at risk of getting pregnant as I have had intercourse within the past few days, reason for the dr not wanting to remove the coil so soon, but he said risk of infection could be more dangerous.
Im taking the chance now to get better, I will update ya in 14 days! Thanks so much for your help ;-)

Well good that you got the therapy now.

Did he mentioned how did you get infected? Because of the coil?