For the last 8 weeks i have been experiencing pain in the lower right abdomen its not a constant pain but comes and goes when i move breathe out fast sneeze and cough. About 8 weeks ago i went to the doctor and was diagnoed with a urine infection and given anti biotics. A week later it hadnt gone away and i was given more anti biotics, i also still had the sharp lower right pains. I took a bad reaction to the antibiotics they made me violently sick and i was taken to hospital the next day. I had an ultra sound scan whilst in hospital and it showed everything to be ok. They also did bloods and urine test and i was not pregnant no std's never have and they gave me anti biotics for a Upper uniary tract. I also had pain in my lower right back.

About 2 weeks later i went to the doctor again as i felt the pains in lower right were getting worse, i also felt like my upper thigh and groin area were sore. The glands in my upper thigh seemed to be up. The doctor thought it may be muscle and sent me home i knew this was not muscle pain! Its a sharp shooting pain and is also in my groin area but mostly around the apendix area.

The pain did not go away and i was referred bacck to hospital where they thought it may be my apendix, they did a x ray and didnt seem to think it was my apendix and they were puzzled as to what was causing it as the ultra sound before showed nothing.

I am still getting the sharp pains and they just do not seem to be going away, i have had a kidney stones about a year ago and they checked but its not that. I had the mumps 5 years ago and since then i have regular sore throats and colds and the glands in my neck go up all the time. This pain in my abdomen seems to be worse when my throat is sore???

Can anyone explain this pain as i am very concerned! Could it be the glands causing it? I also had a few niggling pains in the same area on the left side but not as sore. Other than this i am usually a healthy 22 yr old not over weight and active. I am very fed up and feel its taking over my life! The doctors have been no help and i have to go see a gynacologist in 4 weeks and i am also going to ask for a CT scan.

Sorry for it being so long but im desperate to find something out!!!

Symptoms

Had Upper UTI
Pain in lower right abdomen
Right leg stiff and top of thigh sore
Glands seem to be up
Some pain in right side and right back
Bit more bowel movement than usual
Sore throat
Generally feel ill and tired

Someone please help!!

im freaked out by this post, im 22 and have EXACTLY the same symptoms and my bloods today have showed an infection somewhere AFTER all the antibitics i have taken. he cant get me in for a scan soon enough theyre being **** he advised me to go to a&e and they can push a scan! im sick i feel so ill and in pain

Something similar is happening to me too.....but for me its been more than 2 months. I hardly get sharp pains but the pain is always there. 2 months back I was admitted to the hospital for severe abdominal pain,vomiting, and diarrhea. The docs suspected appendicitis but dint operate as my white blood count and pain went down. Since then I have been getting this pain in the lower abdominal area including the lower right back and the pain persists to my thighs too. I feel really tired and have bitter taste sometimes. The pain is severe only sometimes when I end up eating some spicy and hot food.

I did visit Gynecologist for any cyst, they did the ultra sound and there was no cyst. I went to Gastroenterology specialist, he did some lower abdomen x-rays and said everything was normal and gave prescription for lower irritable bowel syndrome which I had last year. The GI says to increase the fiber in my diet. I am not usre which kind of doc to consult now.

Any help will be greately appreciated and thanks in advance.

Hello Ms. katyd123

I have the exact simptoms like you do(but I am 27). Did you find out what was really wrong? if you did, please do reply and if not please do reply too so that I will be releived by your post.

Thanks

I have been having very similar symptoms on the lower right side, I had also had an upper gi, xray, ct scan and multiple blood tests. I am a 21 year old male who was very healthy before this all started about 3 months ago and it has really ruined my summer, I cant do much without the pain starting up and then I get fatigued and need to lay down on my back for a while for it to go a My doctor referred me to an infectious disease specialist so thats where I will be going next, I will let you know if I find anything out.

This is scary. I'm an otherwise health 22 year old male with the same exact symptoms... dozens of doctors tell me i'm fine, but i've had every last one of these symptoms for 8 months now, getting worse all the time and still not answers... it's consuming my life!

i went to 2 different doctors having the same pain as all you guys and they said it was ibs and then bacterial infection and i took bunch of pills and still have the same feeling

I had the same syptoms and it was my gall bladder they had to remove it

I've had similar symptoms. The pain is sharp in my lower right groin, with dull aching on my right side just below my ribs. There is discomfort when my appendix is pushed. My doctor was sure it wasn't gallbladder or appendicitis, but was concerned about the sharp stabbing pains around my right ovary. Ultrasound revealed no problems with anything, but a huge gallstone. I had my gall bladder removed, but the pain has continued. It is possible that some muscle / soft tissue was damaged since my gallbladder had started to fuse to other organs with the inflamation. I have been tested for Lupus, negative. My doctor thought it may be a hernia, but I have too much inflamtion to tell without more testing. I've been seeing a chiropractor for the pain, and the x-rays revealed something around my kidneys. Initilly he though it was a Kidney stone, but thinks it is likely a staple from my surgery. He then suggested the pain may be my appendix. My sister-in-law had the same symptoms too. She went to the hospital, and despite all the tests coming back negative, white blood cell count slightly elevated, her surgeon removed her appendix. Turned out it was about to rupture. She hasn't had pain since.

I, of course, have had the same kind of pains. I went to the ER they did a cat scan, but it came back clear. So they said I had a UTI gave me antibiotics & sent me home. I took all of those and it didn't stop the pain.

This has been going on for over 4 months, and when the pain is at it's worst, I am writhing around crying. I have another 'feeling' to add, and wanted to know if any of you women have felt it... it feels as though I could push my uterus out my bum. I know that is a horrid description, but it is exactly where the pains are.

My pain is also in 'spurts' like lasting 5 to 6 hours at a time, and then there is no pain, for hours. It also hurts more when I lay down, but isn't much better when I stand up.

If anyone is feeling the same 'uterus push' symptom, please let me know. I don't have the money to go to all kinds of different doctors, and all of them come up 'healthy'.

Thank you all.

It sounds like you could have a prolapsed uterus. If you are experiencing a dragging feeling and pain, it is possible that your uterus could have fallen. When you squat, the cervix could protrude from the vaginal opening. The gynecologist would know how to test for this. Also, ask the doctor about fibroids or endometriosis.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you're all having so much trouble with this. For Katyd123 it sounds as though you may have IBS, as your symptoms are very consistent with it. I know somebody else's doctor ruled that out, but you didn't seem to mention it in your post, so I'd recommend that. In particular, the markers are the epigastric pain combined with thigh pains, and a change in bowel movements, which you mentioned.

For the guest who posted 'Extreme pain in Uterus, leg and anal area', I also suggest you look towards endometriosis. I would also ask, however, whether you're sure the pain is coming from the uterus and not just a bit above in the general lower-abdomenal area, since you're other symptoms are reminiscent of chronic pancreatitis, which tends to come on in 'spurts', where symptoms relapse and worsen. It also tends to be relieved by leaning forward (thereby reducing pressure on the affected area). Although, if this is the case, there are other pretty obvious markers as well as the gastric pain in lower abdomen and back, so I'm sure one of your doctors would have picked it up, e.g. bloating, oily stools that tend to float ('Steatorrhea') and weight loss.

I hope that helps.
Feel better
:-)

Im so sorry to hear about all of you being so sick. Im not a doctor but I have researched health quite a bit over the years and I have a few suggestions. I would suggest juicing and see if that helps at all. If you google juicing online you will see a ton of testimonies of people who were relieved of numerous problems just by juicing. The thing is, when you use a juicer, the juice is automatically absorbed into your body, your blood stream and works on a cellular level, so it is quite different than just eating fruits and vegetables which have a lot of fiber in them and have to go through the digestive tract (which can be hard for some of you if you are always in pain).
The champion juicer is one of the best that I've found.
Another thing I would suggest is acupuncture or some sort of alternative medicine.
God designed your body to heal itself and protect itself, so it would be good to build up your immune systems and let your body work for itself.

I hope you are all able to find help.:-)

I feel your pain. This is uncanny that so many of us are experiencing similar symptoms. This is familiar to me experiencing similar symptoms as most of you. Today, I just got home from the hospital with painful and spasmodic and pressure symptoms that you are experiencing. I am in San Antonio Texas. I had a Cat scan today because of my lower right stomach quadrant pain and pressure on my right groin-leg area,including nausea. The cat scan came back clear. The emergency doctor decided to treat me as having a urinary tract infection prescribing antibiotics , although he did not yet have all the cultures back, and I had no fever. However, my white blood cell count was rather elevated at 1600 which connotes an infection in my body. I had no pain in my bladder area, just the right quadrant, by my ovary and appendix area. The cat scan professional informed me that the medical team was looking for kidney stones. None were found. That doesn't mean that I had not already passed it the night before or early morning when I was in excruciating pain until I came into the emergency room and was given a strong pain and anti-inflammatory medication through IV. They put me on a toroidal pain relief, and gave me a medication for nausea at the hospital. Upon leaving they gave me several prescriptions including norco-pain relief, flexoril for spasms, cipro-an antibiotic for an UTI, and naproxyn-anti-inflammatory. I have been instructed to follow up with a specialist at an OB-GYN because of my history of prior DVT:blood clot in my left leg, that may have been a result of birth control pills. The DVT-blood clot is now controlled, after three procedures, therapy and medication. And, because there is not a specific cause that the emergency room doctor can find to cause my right quadrant stomach pain and the right leg/groin pressure pain according to the cat scan,further follow up is needed. Albeit, they have not done a dime Doppler exam for a blood clot or aneurysm on my right leg or in the pit of my stomach where major aortic arteries are that at times with issues can cause aortic aneurysms. Incidentally they placed a stent in my left lower quandrant in the illiac vein several inches from my belly button and not too far from my left groin area, to improve circulation. The specialists have also suggested to explore a medical issue called May-Thurner Syndrome that can occur within the vascular system in either the veins or the arteries based on one's anatomy design. That is our next step for exploration because the pain can be debilitating at times. The frustration lies in the medical staff doing body scans that come back clear but lab work showing infections at times. Good luck in your research! I'm headed to UT Health Science Center to turn it over to a team of experts! Tommie in Texas

My wife was experiencing similar pain. Apparently appendicitis and ovarian cysts can have similar symptoms. I realize this does little for the male contingents in the blog. This kind of cyst can be hereditary. My wife's mother and sisters all suffered from the problem. My mother-in-law just told me she had 5 of them over the years and the 'tapped out' 3 of them to confirm they were ovarian. Not sure what that means, but it sounded like she had them drained. Another woman I spoke to had a twisted ovary with a cyst and that they didn't see the twist on the CT or the Ultrasound. Make sure your doctor does both tests if possible. Each shows different things. The Ultrasound showed more for my wife and her mother.

For pain, they dosed my wife up with Demoral. My mother-in-law said that she often used heat packs.

As for they guy with this kind of pain, if you don't get anywhere with a traditional doctor, you may consider seeing a good chiropractor for your sacro iliac joint. I have the problem and it can cause pain from my lower back through the bottom of my foot. It's not a burning pain, just a very intense one.

Best wishes everyone.