I'm 19 and uncircumcised. Up until just about a month ago i couldn't retract my foreskin to reveal my glans because of phimosis, after a lot of advice from this website I've finally been able to retract it fully even though its still tight.

However, my glands are EXTREMELY sensitive. In the shower i can let water run over it but not directly hit it, i pretty much cant let it rub up against anything else or it causes pain. For the past couple of days I've always been running it under water when I'm in the shower and retracting the foreskin when I'm just sitting around and not moving to hopefully get it used to being retracted.

I was wondering if theirs any advice directly towards how i can make it so its not so sensitive that it hurts?

Thank you in advance for any help :-)

Hi J,

It's very common when you first are able to retract your foreskin for the glans to be very sensitive. Up until this point it has been covered and protected. The nerves are not used to being touched.

Eventually it will become less sensitive. For now, try to keep it exposed as much as possible. Running under water is a good idea too.

Keep working on loosening it too. It should slide easily.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the advice! :-)

Any idea how long this will take? Running it under water 15 minutes a day and retracting the foreskin when I'm lounging around?

It's going to depend upon how often you let it be exposed or touch other items. I have no specific answer.

Could you tolerate retracting your foreskin and letting the glans rub against your clothing? Or at least work up to that?

I can try, hopefully soon ill be able to expose it and just walk around with it retracted, but right now even having it touch my leg or clothing hurts a lot. If i expose it i have to pretty much stay still so i dont move it much

Same problem but... been doing this for 3 months and its still just as bad, suggestions?

It just takes time guys.  Everyone is different.

The foreskin protects the head of the penis and keeps it moist and sensitive. If it hurts, don't touch it. Keep your foreskin forward to protect the head. It will probably get less tender later.

It is normal for the glans to be sensitive because your foreskin has been protecting it for your whole life.

I don't think anything is wrong with your penis. It sounds normal to me. The head is supposed to be sensitive. The foreskin is put there to protect the head and keep it sensitive.

There is no reason for you to touch the head so just don't touch it. Pull your foreskin forward to cover the head to protect it and you should be fine.

Masturbation works best if you keep the foreskin forward where it covers and protects the head.