So I was under a lot of stress lately with exams and all but I don't know if its the cause of what is happening. My last period was supposed to come on 28 april and my bf and I had intercouse on the 21 april. My period never came but I really had no symptoms of pregnancy whatsoever. I started getting bloated, moody and had really really severe cramps later on in may approximatley 2 weeks before the next period which was due on the 25 of may but it still didn't come. My periods are very irregular and usually get them a week after the expected day so since it seems that I'm going to get my period I was calming down until now. I didn't have sex again after the 21 april but I've noticed that when I go to the bathroom and wipe I get a small amountof  pinkish or dark brown discharge. It's really little and actually a pad really isn't necessary. I don't know if its implantation bleeding or is simply a sign that my period is coming because I never experienced this. I do get light cramps but a day before this started happening I had alot of painful cramps...is it a sign that my period is coming of is it implantation bleeding? All i have is bloating which is normal for every period but my breasts are normal, everything is normal on the whole

Hi

It is possible that this is pre period, as sometimes a few days before and for the last few days of menstruation it can be pink/brown and not warrant a pad.  However it has been over one month since your period was due, making your last period two months ago?  I understand you are irregular, and stress, diet changes and many things can cause periods to be late also that you have noticed no changes to your body, but it may be an idea to get a pregnancy test, just so you can move forward.  They should be available free at a local family planning clinic or STI (Sexually transmitted disease) clinic in your area.  If you can afford one at the chemist the cost around £12 I don't know the price outside of the UK sorry.

I hope this is helpful <3

I would say that I skipped one period and..I think its because I was having my exams and I think I was suffering from an anxiety disorder,..I wasn't even eating properly. Ooh yes I did take one about..4 days that my period hadn't come and it marked negative almost instantly. It seems that the spotting is increasing in amount now because I just felt like my period came and I had a little blood and in fact its brownish [sry it's embarrasing :-|] so does this mean that my period came now? On my first day I'm always quite light but I'm worried because I never had spotting like this. I did have light flows however and its really common for me to skip a period. I was actually relaxing because I read somewhere that when the spotting is accompanied by cramps and increasing in amounts it means that its simply a sign that a period is about to come and I actually did experience both. This morning it just seemed as spotting but later during the day it showed as brownish blood but I don't know if its my period now =S

I have been in the same situation as yourself lately, and I also had everything you had described, mild cramps and spotting on 2 different occasions ( same month ) then I had started my period yesterday night, I'm also irregular! ( starting at night is unusual for me though) however not complaining :) being very stressed out delays periods! I know by experience! Just stay calm.. If you think you've been calm and still has not come then go to an GP or take another test to be certain! But being stressed can also cause this. good luck x

I'm not really calm in fact when I am calm I always seem to invent stuff so that I get worried ! I have had spotting for about 4 days now and the amount seems to increase slowly so..I'll try to remain calm and see..my periods drive me nuts actually but I have absolutely no pregnancy symptoms just the same cramps I have when my period is coming. Thanks, these periods really drive us nuts =p

don't worry I'm a paranoid person myself, always worrying and asking myself "what if?" I've had spotting for 2/3 days and also increased but had no clue why?.. also had pregnancy symptoms but think that was due to me being paranoid! hahaa yes it sure does!! and yep those cramps were unusual because never get cramps to warn me that my period is coming! haha so was all very new to me... :$

me too! when I was worrying that I was pregnant I started feeling kind of...nauseous I don't even know what it was but when I calmed down I was ok..now I'm paranoid all over again and I'm feeling the same I was before.  the internet makes you even more paranoid because anything you search for seems to be associated to pregnancy *face palm* but I had found out somewhere that if its implantation bleeding you wouldn't have any cramps..and it occurs before your period but if your period is due I think it would be counted as normal but this has never happened to me before, had you?

Same here! Been trying to find out if I'm pregnant! (Hope not as I'm not ready) but everything I look for all cancels out to being pregnant! And really? Didn't know that haha well I have been spotting and getting cramps! Can't say if near period as mine is irregular:( went doctors today and he says that it's unlikely I'm pregnant but he wants me to take a pregnancy test on Monday *fingers crossed that I'm not* hahaa but he did say I also had an infection? Could be due to this also.. But had every single pregnancy symptom!! Haha overly paranoid!:')

so glad I'm not the only one! well, mine are also irregular but I do count and try to keep track just in case..I once missed 2 periods altogether so I don't know what's the big fuss this time. I was really really stressed about the exams I though I was literally going to pass out for the entire month or something so I sort of expected to skip it. It has been 5 weeks and I had no actual symptom and all this is happening just when my period's about to show so maybe its normal? I don't know I have been having cramps for about a week and maybe this is happening because I skipped the other period I don't know, our bodies seem to have there own way of thinking as it seems =p goodluck for the test I'm in the same boat as you if you want tell me how everything worked out =)!

Same here! i thought i was going insane! lol and same here have been getting cramps non stop, :$ and lots of other symptoms which were pregnancy related, but when i went doctors they said i had an infection, so hopefully it has to do with infection!! :$ haha well, its more likely your body is acting this way because period might start soon! hopefully!:) and thank you!! i hope it comes out negative as i am not ready, as i am too young!! (will let you know results!) I have started my period, which is a great sign! but people say you can still be on your period when pregnant ? :$ its not a light period either? so hopefully... its a good sign, however it did start extremely late! :$ ( i was stressing out though ).. xx

don't trust everything written on the net because..it does drive you nuts, I had my own experience! I was passing through a phase were I used to search every single thing I was filling and somehow everything was related to pregnancy and I ended up obsessing myself for a reason I don't even know because my periods are always late so if its normal for you don't worry too much. I found out that every period has its own symptoms. I know I'm only  18 and I'm not ready to have a baby so I completely understand your position. Period during pregnancy is extremly rare and ..somehow impossible so..relax =) 

I know right I don't think I should keep searching things up because every symptom leads on to pregnancy hahaa drives us girls nuts!! And we start getting all the symptoms haha and yeah same here:( hopefully it's negative then I might go on contraception :) aw well guess we can relate then! I'm 17 haha glad I'm not on my own with this situation! :-)

my brown discharge actually turned to red blood now but I just had a tiny bit, I don't know. I actually realized it was brown blood mixed with discharge not brown discharge exactly. These things are so disgusting, I'm actually too embarrased to talk about them with my parents -.-'' well..I'm going to try to stop searching things on the net, you should too cause we're going to go nuts..literally =p

Ahh I have experienced that slightly but not to much of it haha and I understand.. Same here my parents are very strict though:o so if I ever turnt pregnant at this age... Then wow lol and I know right I'm doing great so far! Not searching much:) and see what actual symptoms I have instead of 'thinking' and making my body 'pretend' I have that symptom... Our minds are very clever to think things hahaa

really I never thought it would be possible. It may be that this happens to us because our periods are very irregular. I live with my grandparents and they actually don't like my bf so much so..if I turn out pregnant I think I'll have to search for somewhere else to live! Stress could also cause spotting like this so since we were both stressed we've got our answer. The thing is how much time has passed since..because I read that implantation takes place between 6-12 days or 10-14 days after fertilization so I think if it occurs after 5 weeks and just when period's about to start + with cramping..it ain't implantation bleeding..that's it right?