Hi, im 17, im not on birth control and me and my boyfriend have been having sex for about a year. i started my period on oct. 1 and today is the 16th but i'm still bleeding! it's like a really light bleeding though, which isn't normal for me, and it has been that way the whole 16 days so far. it's like a brown discharge like blood, which also isn't normal for me. can someone please gimme an idea as to what might be going on? my doctor said it's either from birth control, or i'm pregnant. but i'm not on birth control, i haven't been for about 9 months.... how ever, my doctor didn't seem to realize this and instead of giving me a pregnancy test, he just gave me another years supply of birth control. and now should i be taking it? am i pregnant? what do i do?

Have you gone to the doctor yet? I just though that I would tell you that I had that kinda bleeding before and I had a miscarriage.

i have went to the doctor and i think i had a miscarriage too... right at the hospital!!! and i told them what happened when i was in the bathroom but they didn't even do anything about it!! they just refered me to the gyne and my appointment is next week..

Ive been having a really light period for the past three weeks. This isn't normal, it's usually a little heavy. The color is more of a brown, which isn't normal either. I'm a virgin, and I'm not on birth control, any ideas?

when your on your period things change. its probably just one of those changes, x
i wouldnt worry :-) :-) :-)

if your period is brown that means its old blood, you might want to get a douche, it will clean out all the old bloood and you shouldn't be spotting anymore.