I'm 16 years old, I was off my period for 13 days then I came back on. I came off Saturday (16th March) and now I'm on again (19th March). I am on the pill and I have missed a few this month, but I have been on the pill for over a year, and I have missed some before and it's never caused a problem? I am going to see the doctor soon for another issue, should I bring this up and let the doctor know, or is it nothing to worry about?

Health Guru
Yes it might be worth discussing it with your doctor as he may be able to give you an explanation.
Are you sexually active?

How many did you miss? If you do not take them everyday, then you can get irregular bleeding. You should probably bring it up anyway, just in case. It also could've been implatation bleeding, if there is a possiblity that youre pregnant, but it is ussually a little different than your period. You may want to discuss with your doctor other possiblilties of contracepiton if you are not consistant in taking your OCPs daily.

Yes I am sexually active

I must admit I have missed a lot. I missed about 5 during my last pack. I've spoken to my doctor about it and he didn't really give me an explanation he just said it was because of my pill. I'm changing my contraception to the Depo injection, so do you know if that will help me? Not just for contraception too?

Health Guru
Its not a good idea then to miss a pill as you could end up pregnant hun

Health Guru
I dont know much about depo but i think that stops your period all together

Yes it should do, but it won't be straight away, it'll probably be after a couple of months to a year I think