I have been on the pill for about 6 months, everything going fine. I have only been sexually active for the past couple weeks. With different sleeping arrangment etc. I forgot to take my pill 1 night, and 2 nights later I forgot again, but I took that pill with in 12 hours the next day. I'm wondering...is there a chance with having unprotected sex I could get pregnant?

My Real question I guess, is how many days would I have to miss taking the pill to risk getting pregnant?

I should be do to have my period tomorrow....I think its coming, a couple cramps this morning. But I was kinda nervous.

Thanks,

Canadian Girl

Hi hon! As long as the forgotten pill is taken within 24 hours it is the same affect! So you should be totally fine! NOW if you are having trouble remembering there is also the patch or depro shot! Each 24 hour period that goes by - where the pill is not taken - increases your chances of becoming pregnant! But 1 day isn't a big deal! Also I will ditto my other post to you, I believe that to create ZERO chance of becoming pregnant, I think it is a good idea to double up! For you to take the pill - because this is for the cystic ovaries right?, and for him to wear a condom - just to TOTALLY stop any chance of pregnancy or STD in the future! Because if the guy gets used to wearing a condom, then it will become totally normal routine! And IF then you happen to miss more than 1 day etc, you will still be covered right?! Soo good luck and health1

Thanks Again Bambi,

I have been freaking out today, I'm supposed to get my period today, but still nothing.....I'm going to my boyfriends place tonight, and if we get intimate...he is gonna have to wear a condom, not being on the pill this week cause I should be having my period, I just don't want to chance it.

I'm just trying to run through ideas in my head.....I forgot to mention this (I forgot about the Thursday)

If I missed the pill last Thursday and Friday, but took the pill saturday, and saturdays pill saturday. I officially missed one day right? and I had sex on Friday. .....do you think there could be a chance? I'm freaking out a wee bit, so I just want to know how stupid I have been. I'm going to have my pills with me all the time so if I'm at his place I still have them to take.

I have never been looking forward to my period as much as now! lol

I feel like such and id**t!

-Canadian Girl

Don't beat yourself up about it hon! It happens ALL the time!! So technically you actually missed an entire day right? Well that does increase your chance of being pregnant slightly!!!!!! BUT I think you are going to be OK? You are probably stressing and this will hold you up a bit! Like I said before hon, MAKE him wear a condom! And then when you are on the pill, need to stop or miss one then you are TOTALLY covered! I just made up something I think I will trademark it - "No Cover, No Lover!!" Not bad heh ;-) XD Even though I NEVER said this untill I became a Supporter on here, let me know when you get your period OK? 8-| Good luck and health honey!

Well, its Friday, and still nothing. Not so sure how I feel about this! lol But I do have very slight cramps, but not the usual. I'm not sick in the mornings so thats a bonus, I'm going to wait it out and see what happens. I might go ot the Doc next week anyways, I think I have a bit of a yeast infection....not sure, but I'm a bit itchy, I don't think its anything too serious, but just at times I get a burning feeling and its a bit itchy. I'm gonna go and get checked out I guess....I really don't think there is anyway it could be an STD but still. Could having a Yeast infection alter my period? I have never had a yeast infection before but I have heard when some girls start having sex it is common....am I wrong on that?

So we didn't have intercourse last night....didn't bring anything up to him, we just "played" I'm going to wait until this weekend, we are getting together again, and hope to god I get my period! And I will let him know in order for me to be sane, I'm going to need him to wear a condom atleast most of the time so I don't freak out so much!

-Canadian Girl

ALL of the time!!! NOT some of the time!!! I am a bit concerned about an STD!!! Because yes it is true that sexually active girls have more yeast infections, they don't interfere with your periods! So fingers crossed that you will get your period! Let me know, and I am TOTALLY SERIOUS about your boyfriend HAVING to wear a condom!!! This is the only guarantee of getting NOTHING!! I'm worried about that, this is YOUR body, YOUR health and YOUR future! YOU are in charge, if he doesn't like it TOUGH!! Honest hon! You have to have more respect for yourself than worrying what he might think about it! It's just YES or NO! PERIOD!!! Because I guarantee you hon! This will come up again and again OK?

Thank you Bambi,

I will make him wear a condom all of the time, I will buy some and then there will be no excuse for not having them. It is my body, and I do want to keep myself healthy so I will make him wear the condom. I have a strong feeling he likes me enough that there wont be any questions asked when I ask him to wear it.

Its Saturday, and still no period....not sure what to do....should I bring this up to him this weekend? or wait it out a bit longer and see what happens? Not sure.

-Canadian Girl

Well actually sweetie, IF you want to guarantee him wearing a condom from now on I would bring it up right away!!! I think you are OK on the pregnancy side, BUT I am worried about the STD side I have to say!!! So try and relax and also Diane has been known to mess with periods a bit! So fingers still crossed for you honey!

I can tell you as a guy that I would want to be in the loop. I think that's the best course of action in this case just because. I always use a condom, but I do try to respect my partner's boundaries by communicating with her. I think it's only right to do likewise!

Thank you everyone for the replies!

I got my period last night, so pregnancy is out. We talked last night, and he will be wearing condoms from now on. He is great with it, he wants what I want and what makes me happy so he is willing to do what it takes.

Thank you all for the great advice and info, I wont be so niave and do what I know I should have done from the start.

-Canadian Girl

CG it sounds to me like you have a great boyfriend. don't let that one go!! :-) Seriously, I think you're definitely in a good relationship. Let me know if you ever have any other questions. I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Thank you Bluedog,

He is a great guy. I will definetly come back on here for more questions, no doubt about that!

-Canadian Girl

hi there can i ask question cause actually im taking diane as my contraseptives and i forgot to drink it we had sex and i didnt notice i forgot to drink 1 but yesterday i take 1 atound 9 pm and next night we had sex and i forgot to take it i take the pillss after he had it but its late its on 12 midnight
please answer me is it had a chance ti got pregnant