I took a lot of antibiotics in Dec 08 for dental work. After that I had a horrible sour stomach, bad taste in my mouth and was so tired. It went on for 3 months, then I took one more antibiotic and ended up in The ER with severe stomach pains, shaking etc. Went for an endoscopy wit biopsies in April. That made everything worse. Now I can't eat without getting burning pain. Have lost 25 lbs weigh 98lbs.
None of the meds (Acid blockers, proton pumps) help in fact they make it much worse. They say my stomach lining is mildly irritated/ eroded. I have tried so many things and nothing helps including homeopathy,NAET, quantum biofeedback, acupuncture, Chinese herbs, diets, drinking lots of water. Does anyone have any suggestions? Feel so ill.

Hi.

Do you have any digestion problem with this? I suspect it may be due to it being too acidic and it may be the cause of the corrosion. An advice would be to try taking in more alkaline food, especially those organic ones. You can try to take in alkaline water and see if it helps. As for vegetables and fruits, it would be good to take in more yellow ones to help boost its function, best to have a variety of colours everyday though.

Colours namely are: Red, Black, Yellow, White and Green

Can you explain to me a little more what you mean by acidic and alkaline foods? I would like to hear more about it because I don't really know much about acid/akaline stuff and the more you could tell me about it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Acidic and alkaline is refering to the pH level in our body when we're talking about health. Too acidic/alkaline will cause us to fall sick often. In the past, our bodies are pretty much more on the alkaline level, but due to advancement in technology to combat pests, through the use of pesticides, our body now is more often on the acidic range.

The best pH level for our body to have optimal immune system is between 7.35 to 7.45. This can be achieved through our diet and lifestyle. It is good to have our diet to have a ratio of 4 alkaline for every 1 acidic.

In fact the water that we drink, air that we breathe, foods that we eat can affect. Even medications and drugs, alcohol will all affect our pH level.

The following are 3 sites you can use to find out more about what food are alkaline/acidic.

Hope this helps. If there's anything you need clarification, just let me know. :)

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Thanks for posting this! SO to make sure that my alkaline levels are higher, I should be eating more yellow foods and less of other types of foods? Is that right or did I get my alkaline foods mixed up with other foods? :-)

Alkaline food can be from any colours. However the reason why I mentioned about yellow is, based on Nutrition studies, it should have to improve the stomach's function and strengthen it. Different main and supplementary organs requires different colours. So for the stomach, it will require yellow.

Alkaline food can be from any one of the lists that you can find online(provided that it comes from a reputable source). And don't worry about the body getting too alkaline, since majority of our lifestyle is acidic, it will not cause us to become over alkaline.

Hope this clarifies. :-D

Ah, I see. Well thank you, that does make a lot of sense and I'm glad that you clarified it. How did you get proficient in this?

I learn it during one of my nutrition courses as part of my work.

Where do you work? Sorry, I don't mean to be nosy or anything, I'm just curious where you learned so much about it and might be interested in taking a course myself. Thanks :)

I'm from Singapore, so I don't think this will help much. But for me, I actually get to learn from our consultant who is one of the certified in house nutritionists that we have.

But i believe that you should be able to get courses among where you are from.

Oh, okay. I can't usually tell where someone's from. Your English is so good that I didn't even notice you weren't from the US or UK! Thanks for all your help and I'll take a look at it. Thanks again.

Thanks for the compliement. :-D

Well, you can let me know if you need any help finding any of the articles or reports. I could help you search for it. :-D

Actually that would help. Can you tell me specifically the name of the theory that I'd be searching for is? I think that owuld help me out more than anything. Thanks!

Some people call it 'Rainbow Diet'. However you can just go and google '5 colours of food nutrition' or 'colours of food nutrition' and you can find out more about it.

The five colors of food nutrition yielded a LOT of results. Thanks so much for letting me know about this!