Hi everyone

I've read about the Alkaline diet lately. I've read that the scientists lack studies that should reveal good or bad things about this diet and that is why I wouldn't recommend it to anybody yet. But you should be aware that in a couple of years from now, this particular diet may cure lots of diseases. I am very intrigued by this program, I don’t know why, but I think it may be good for me. Is there anybody else interested in it? And if there is, could you please tell me what are the main benefits of it?

Hi Aristotle40

I am also interested in this diet. My aunt told me about it a while ago. Apparently, everybody at her work are against this diet, and she is planning to start with it (maybe she already did, I haven’t talked to her for a while now). Anyways, she informed me about this diet.

One of the main benefits of this diet would be pH level balance. PH balance measures how acidic or alkaline something is. And it is considered that this diet is good for boosting the chemotherapy effectiveness. Alkaline diet can also give you more energy and decrease chronic yeast infections.

That is true. I don't know a lot about this diet and how it works, but I heard that this diet is very controversial. Some people think that it isn't even healthy, and the others say that the effects of this diet are not examined enough. That is why I wouldn’t dare trying it.

As for the beneficial effects of it, they are numerous, at least they say so.

They say that if your body is alkaline you have a better chance for your skin to be clear, better digestion also. You may also have more energy, and last but not the least- a nose that runs less often.;)

Thank you, both of your answers are helpful. I was asking for the main benefits, so that would probably be pH balance and the rest of stuff that Mellisa8 mentioned. But, TinkerBell23, I was not aware of the things you mentioned either. And they are also nice to know.  I am not planning to try this diet yet, I also wouldn’t dare. I need to find out a lot more about it before I even start to think about following it. But I’m planning to, in the near future. So if you remember more information that I need to know, do write.:)