Hello

I've tried a lot of diet programs, weight loss pills and supplements . I've also tried working out, fast walking, running , going to the gym. I never achieved losing as many pounds as I want. I always get stuck with at least 8-10 extra pounds that I cannot get rid off. Anyways, I've heard that alkaline diet is very good. And I've never tried that one. A friend of my sister is going to start with this diet next week. I’m planning to join her. We spend much time together so I believe this diet is going to be easy to follow. Do you have any experiences with this diet? Does it really work?

Hi

I was on this diet about a year ago. I didn't really like it.

It is suppose to change your pH balance, so it certainly has some benefits for your health. But according to this diet wheat, meat, processes foods and refined sugar are bad and should not be consumed. It’s because those foods cause your body to produce acid. And they want your body to be more alkaline.

That is all that I understood from listening my mother talking about it for an hour. I was never good at chemistry so I stopped paying attention when she started talking about acidity, pH balance etc.

So, to sum up, I believe it does work, but I don’t like the idea of not eating meat at all. I gave up this diet after a week.

Well, in general,  while you are on this diet you are suppose to eat only healthy food like fresh citrus, fruits that do not contain a lot of sugar, a lot of vegetables, nuts and legumes. And you need to avoid mostly the bad stuff. My sister was on this diet and she was not allowed to eat sugar, grains, dairy, fungi, meat , alcohol etc. So if you ask me, this diet must certainly give you some results. My sister did not achieve any because she wasn’t disciplined enough. But if she were, I think this diet would have helped her a lot.

I know one girl from my high school. She was very fat back in high school. I remember she was really shy and it always seemed to me that she had problems accepting her extra pounds. She was always not feeling well when she has to talk in front of the whole classroom and you could notice her self-confidence barely existed.

I ran into her a couple of weeks ago and I didn’t  even recognize her. She stopped to say hello. If it wasn’t for her voice I would never figure out who was I talking to.

Anyways, after I said to her that I am amazed of how much weight she have lost, she told me that she was trying Alkaline diet +exercising .  According to her, this diet is amazing.

nice informative post