Hello everybody. Have you heard about this relatively new diet called the Alkaline diet? People call it ‘’Acid Alkaline Diet’’ and sometimes they also refer to it as the “pH Diet” or “Acid Diet’’. If you heard about any of these you know what I am talking about. Anyway, I found it interesting, their whole theory about the diseases and body balance. Sounds very good. Maybe it is worth trying. Do you believe that it is helpful? I see a lot of people think it is just a scam. If it’s a scam, how do you know that? Share your thoughts.

I believe it is helpful. Today we live in a world where we can’t find the time to cook and to pay attention on what we are eating. Most of the stuff we eat are acid forming foods.

We overwhelm our body's mechanisms for removing excess acid. We eat meat, corn, dairy, wheat, and  worst of all refined sugars. Those are all acidifying foods.

And our diet lacks alkalizing fruits and vegetables.

And if you are planning to try this diet be aware that food's alkalizing or acidifying effect on the body has nothing to do with the pH level of the food itself.

Yeah, I agree with Charlie Brown.

Our eating habits are awful. Everyone who has the money eats at the restaurants (and you have no idea what you are eating there, I am not skeptical, I am just being realistic). And the others who don’t, they simply buy a box of lunch:) in the supermarket. So sad.

And our kids are eating fast food( pizza slices, hamburgers, coca cola), they sell those around every school. We must change that. And if this diet promotes that change, then I am 100% aboard.  

Just the health benefits are a good reason to try this diet.

I am not sure about this diet. I tried it recently and I gave it up very quickly. My friend was in charge to find out for me what I can and what I cannot eat. At first I thought he was messing with me- no meat, no poultry, no eggs, no fish. o.O

And he kept going ‘’Salmon is not good for you, cooked spinach and black tea are strictly forbidden.’’

…‘’This diet also forbids nuts, seeds,  tea and coffee’’. Wait, what? Coffee? That’s when I realized this diet is not for me.  I would be right if I say that it's even more limited the vegan diet.

Can you believe that some "types" of water are limited? o.O

I lost a couple of pounds because I was on a near-starvation diet, not because my body was pH balanced.

Ok, attention here, please. A quick, free lesson in physiology.

Homeostasis is the property of a system that is in charge to regulate its internal environment. In other words, it maintains a constant condition of properties ( temperature or pH).

Homeostatic process regulates our blood pH level. You probably already know that a pH of 0 is acidic, a pH of 14 is alkaline and a pH of 7 is neutral. Blood is always alkaline. Blood pH is about 7.35 to 7.45, so it slightly alkaline (because the neutral is 7).

The idea of food changing our body pH level is nonsense. This diet is just another scam.