My sister, 54 has been diagnosed with rare tumor called pheochromocytoma. I never heard about this tumor, and I would like to know what does it mean and what are the symptoms of it. She has been having hormone problems for years, but I didn't realize that it could be cause of such serious condition. Any information will be appreciated, thank you in advance.

I am sorry about your sister; I have cousin, age 49 with this condition too. I was hocked when I found out about her. We are not close so, I was aware that she has health problems. I did some research about condition and what I found out that pheochromocytoma is a rare tumor that develops in the core of an adrenal gland. With pheochromocytoma, our adrenal glands can produce too much of certain hormones, raising our blood pressure and heart rate. They said that most of the time, a pheochromocytoma is benign, and treatment can return blood pressure to normal. Many people have episodes of signs and symptoms related to the intermittent release of these hormones, following symptoms: palpitations, sweating, rapid heart rate, pale skin, headaches…