I just got my infected wisdom tooth extracted yesterday and have been taking Amoxicillin for the past 3 days.. I'm a heavy marijuana smoker so coughing up black phlegm isn't that rare, but never had I encountered phlegm this black & abundant. As a somewhat responsible person, I pretty much stopped smoking since the surgery (got stitches I don't want to mess with, or risk dry socket) but I'm just dumbfounded by what came out of my lungs. I can only think Amoxicillin might've played a role? I'm just hoping it's a form of cleaning out my lungs since they're taking a break, and not some sort of cancer forming.

I would like you to get checked ASAP by your doctor! No matter what you smoke you should not be coughing up BLACK! MJ has just as much tar in it as a cigarette and you are just as susceptable to lung cancer smoke MJ as a cigarrette! So please get checked out OK? |Hopefully it is just your lungs getting rid of the tar!!! Please let me know how you make out OK?

There is NO correlation between even heavy marijuana use and lung cancer, esophogeal cancer, etc.

Please read the article ans stop spreading propaganda:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***