Hi, I noticed bubbles in urine lately and was wondering what could be the reason for that? I have been treating a urinary tract infection four weeks ago. Is it a remission of infection?

There is a amount of protein of 150 mg normally present in the urine. When it raises the condition is called proteinuria. One of symptoms may swelling around their eyes, their abdomen, or their feet, and also increased amount of bubbles present in urine. As kidneys are not functioning properly, water will stay in body causing weight gain. In worst case even lungs can be affected by water pretension, causing difficulty breathing. Proteinuria can be caused by illnesses which lead to damage of kidneys and its glomeruli. Some medications may be responsible also , and in adults long-standing diabetes mellitus.

It is possible that you are panicking without good reason like I did few weeks ago. I suffer from UTI very often and this is due my bad immune system (but I am working on this and trying to improve it). One day I went to the bathroom and I was convinced that I have bubbles in my urine.

Of course, I was frightened so I ran to my doctor. When he did urine analysis everything was normal. So when I got back home and went to the bathroom again and notice the bubbles in my urine again I checked the toilet and I have noticed that my mother has bought new toilet cleanser which was making more bubbles than the old one. So you may check the same thing before visiting your doctor.