My friend has been diagnosed with sores on her mouth. At first, doctor suspected on usual causes like infectious ones, but at the end it seems she has lupus. I didn’t know that lupus can cause this, so I am little surprised. Is there anyone with similar symptoms? I would appreciate it.

Hello there jess1241,

I have been trying to find something related to the mouth ulcers and lupus but unfortunately all I have find out is that lupus, as inflammatory disease likes to attack the lining of the mouth and that ulcers which occurs on the roof of the mouth are caused by various different conditions. One of these conditions is systemic lupus erythematous. But basically this is all I know so since it has passed quite some time from the time you have been posted this question I was wondering have you find out something more about this condition?

If you have I would appreciate the info you can gave not just me but other people as well. Thank you in advance.

People with Autoimmune diseases do get mouth and gum sores. I have had several rounds of sores on my tongue, gums and in my throat.

Yes I get them ; sometimes that don't hurt or bother me but lately they have been very painful n I have Stemytic Lupus

Hi, I have had lupus sle for years now. I know lupus is so hard to live with. You wont know what will attack from day to day. I found mouth sores for me is from dryness. Always have dry mouth wash and there is a spay that i carry always. I pray for you. Its a terrible disease. Take a very good vitamin.. Alot of coconut lotion will help with dry skin. You may get sores on skin too. Moisturizer has to be your best friend. Start early so it wont be so bad. Also with sle, the sun is not your friend. Good luck